Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

hello

1. Strawberry3
    Strawberry3
    Hi May 2108 sleevers I am Mandy I am so excited to find this page. I do not know about you guys but this has been very emotional for me. I am still glad I did.
  2. Twodogfox
    Twodogfox
    Everyone's is different. Alone or with family, younger or older, amounts of weight to lose, self image. I'm nothing but happy I did it. I feel great, lost half my excess since April. I wish I'd been led too this at a younger age. I find this group more positive and common sense than some Facebook groups.
  3. MsLisa71
    MsLisa71
    "I find this group more positive and common sense than some Facebook groups."

Indeed! I had to unfollow all the FB things I had joined looking for encouragement preop, they had me so scared I almost backed out! I'm almost 7-weeks post op and feel this is the best decision I've made in my life. I feel great and am losing well.
  4. tonewbeginnings
    tonewbeginnings
    Hi group. So good to see more people joining. I was away out of town for several weeks, first helping my son move out of an apartment and then onto a family vacation. It was very challenging to say the least despite the best of my planning. Over all I didn't do terrible but like any good addict I did test out my sleeve with lots of slip ups occasionally feeling sorry for myself watching all this food around me. It scared me in a way and definitely proved to me that this is just a tool and I still have to work very hard. However unlike before surgery I know now when I do work hard the benefits will happen. I still managed to lose weight over the last 3 weeks but I am happy to be home and have more control of my situation and habits and nice to be back on this site.

Hi Mandy - I too have found this to be a very emotional ride on so many different levels. The best advice I have taken to heart so far was from someone on this site that said "You have to change your relationship with food." For me it has been like losing a best friend that is always there for me. That sounds so pathetic but it really is true. I can say that it is getting easier and I am feeling much more optimistic and happy and feeling better about my future.

Lisa- I was using Myfitnesspal but got frustrated w/ some of the features so now am trying Bariastic App since you said you liked it. I'm liking it so far.

Wishing all a good successful week.
    Kim
  5. MsLisa71
    MsLisa71
    "Lisa- I was using Myfitnesspal but got frustrated w/ some of the features so now am trying Bariastic App since you said you liked it. I'm liking it so far."

Yay...glad you are liking it, Kim! I rely on the reminders for my vitamins (4x/day) and love that so many items scan into it. I've also used it to create recipes and found it pretty user friendly over all. Welcome back from your trips. I've been too afraid to try eating out yet. I've managed to avoid it so far - I'm 7 weeks tomorrow. Well, I have had breakfast at work a couple times, but it's easy to have them scramble me an egg + egg white if I run out of time at home in the morning. Nothing more adventurous than that so far. I've been packing lunches every day since I've gone back to work and feel comfortable with that, plus I love to cook so its good all around.
  6. tonewbeginnings
    tonewbeginnings
    Hi Lisa, Even though I was away for a couple of weeks I did not eat out. I too have avoided this so far. Our family vacation was at a remote cabin in the mountains w/ no stores nearby so we bring all our own food to cook, so that made it easy for me to bring what I needed but was hard to see all the food everyone else was eating. I kinda miss going out to dinner w/ my family or friends but losing weight feels so good on my body that I don't miss it that much now. I'm so jealous that you love to cook as you must be making small interesting meals. I tend to eat the same thing over and over again just out of lack of creativity. Tomorrow I get to add fruits and vegetables to my diet. I am soooo excited. I haven't had a fruit or veggie for about 2 in half months (aside from some chopped onion). Bought a small watermelon and some carrots and zucchini for the week. I seem to be able to tolerate most food items now. I'm still only suppose to have 2 oz (or 1/4th a cup) but I find I'm eating more than that b/c I don't feel full otherwise sometimes needing a fourth meal in the day, despite protein drink snacks. It's a little scary but I think it's within reason...time will tell. How much are you suppose to have?
  7. MsLisa71
    MsLisa71
    Hi Kim,
    Haven't been on much lately. Yay for fruits and veggies!! I too was excited to start them! Originally I was only able to have ones without skins or seeds, but now can eat any. I did try some curry chicken salad at work for lunch.....ugh, bad move I ended up really sick, and went home early that day. I'm eating about 2-3oz protein plus 1/2 cup veg at a meal. I try to get all my protein from foods but some days have to have a shake to boost up my numbers.