Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

food plan

1. CarolynD
    CarolynD
    My dr uses two weeks for each stage post-op. That means that even tho I'm six weeks out, I'm still on full liquids....soup and yogurt. Well, I can say I've tried other soft foods this week and it has all gone down well. I have had no complications with healing. But, if I don't eat every 2-3 hours, I get fatigued and weak. I'm anxious to proceed to normal food and get this phase behind me.
  2. NanaBananaRN
    NanaBananaRN
    Wow! I’m encouraged to eat only three times daily. On puréed foods now. Advancing to soft foods on Tues. I feel normal most of the time except when I go to eat and fill up on 1/2 a cup. So strange. Helps to use baby fork/spoon so I can take 20-30 min to eat. Lost 20 lbs right away in the first two weeks, and then hit a plateau for a week. Trying not to focus on the scale. Clothes are getting loose. Sleeping better than before surgery.
  3. CarolynD
    CarolynD
    I just stalled for a week, and this morning the scale finally dropped 2 lbs. Woohoo! Does a baby spoon really help? I know my "bites" are too big. What is your favorite pureed food?