Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What are you doing to get ready?

1. scogra
    scogra
    So, my surgery is scheduled after my family vacation and Boy Scout summer camps, but I am already anxious for August to get here! I'm not a 'sweets' guy (though I am a sweet guy!) but my vice is portion sizes. We bought smaller plates and that is what I am limiting myself to so that I can decrease my portions. I don't really drink sodas but trying to reduce my beer intake so that when it's gone, I won't miss it as back. Fortunate that the spring is here so that gets me on my bicycle that much more. I am practicing chewing thoroughly and not drinking anything during the meal. I am trying to get into this new lifestyle as much as I can. Just this afternoon I snapped my before pictures (need edited before posting) so that I can compare in a year or so.

So where is everyone having there VSG's done? Due to insurance not covering (another LONG story), I am self-paying and having done through Sourcis Inc. (Mexico Bariatric Center). My fly date is August 6th, 2018 and my surgery is August 7th, 2018. If anyone is landing in San Diego around noon for the same hospital, look me up as I am traveling alone.

This support forum has been a Godsend to me to find out where everyone is at and what they have experienced. I have talked to a lot of great people already. I have found so my tips and received so much support thus far, and I am still 100+ days out from my surgery.
    Let's chat and do this together!
  2. Tim 1
    Tim 1
    My date is the 14th. Hope your surgery went well,would like to here how your doing
  3. Sweet_kitty
    Sweet_kitty
    My fly date is Aug 8 and surgery date, Aug 9. I am going to the Obesity Control Center. Just a few more days!!! So excited!
  4. Oakleysmomma
    Oakleysmomma
    Hello ,
    I had my surgery the 7th. I am 3 days out now.....what an emotional journey it has been already. I am feeling better each day but, the initial 2 days were scary and had me questioning my choice.
    I'm excited to see how things are progressing at my post OP appt on the 16th.
    Today I am home alone with my kids for the first time since surgery. Wish me luck.