Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Scheduled for April 4th 2018 ... Feedback? Please!

1. Caylee
    Caylee
    Hey sleevers! My name is Cay. I'm 24 and considered obese (yikes!). I'm 5'4 and upwards of 200 lbs (I know this is on the smaller side for most people receiving this surgery, but I have my very personal reasons, please do not judge ) xo

Anyways, I just scheduled with Weight Loss Agents to undergo Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy with Dr. Mario Almanza in Tijuana Mexico on April 4th, 2018. I'm nervous. Anxious. Conflicted. Excited. Scared. Impatient. Did I mention nervous?! I'm leaving my babies with family and embarking on this journey alone, which is nerve wracking in itself!

- Is anyone else having their surgery on the week of April 2nd to April 6th, 2018 ?
    - For those of you who have already traveled to Mexico for surgery with Dr. Almanza, without friends or family, how did it go?
    - Has anyone else gotten a VSG with a BMI of 35 or lower? If so, how was your experience and how are you doing now?!
    - Please share anything with me that you think I should know!

I grately appreciate any feedback.
    You guys are all rockstars!

Warmest regards,

Cay
  2. Barbzilla
    Barbzilla
    Hi, Cay!

Congratulations on your decision to improve your health! You'll do great, I know it.

Like you, I'm 5'4" and was a lower BMI sleever when I had surgery with Dr. Almanza on Oct. 6, 2017. My highest was 229, but I lost 29 lbs. on my own before surgery and weighed 200 on surgery day. So, no judging here. In fact, be grateful to be going into it on the low end; it'll make surgery safer and your journey afterward easier.

I'm five months out and have lost nearly 50 lbs., which is a GREAT pace for a lower BMI sleever. Don't expect to lose as much as someone who weighs 300, 400, 500+ on surgery day. Your monthly losses will be much more modest, but then you have much less to lose. I lost about 13 my first month, 11 or so the second, about 9 the third, 7 in the fourth and about 7 this past month. Sense a pattern here? It tapers off as you get closer to goal. (I'm 152 and my ultimate goal is 135.) Don't fret about this; just keep eating healthfully and slowly, chew everything down to puree consistency before you swallow, and savor your meals.

You will like Dr. Almanza. He is a sleever as well and a great example of an amazing success story, so don't be shy about asking him about his personal experiences with it.

I wish the very best, Cay! Please keep me posted on how you're doing, and I'm happy to chat with you if you have personal questions about this unique experience. It's an odd journey, so ask lots of questions of as many people as possible.

Hugs!

Barb
  3. hollybake
    hollybake
    Hi Cay! Congratulations on changing you lube for the better! I had my sleeve Jan 2015. I love Dr. Almanza and his nurses for after care! I also went alone and left my babies and hubby and was so scared. I had an awesome roommate and we had a great time. No worries. Take minimal clothes that are loose fitting and comfy. Seriously, you don't want to be lugging a heavy suitcase! I wish I had taken a heating pad. The voltage is the same so you don't need a converter. I wouldn't even try to go shopping or just site seeing, you won't feel great. The gas is miserable so walk, a lot! I was in the higher BMI range but am so happy now! Good luck to you and message me if you have any other questions!!!! You got this!!!
  4. ShayShy
    ShayShy
    Good day,
    I was in your same position 6 months ago. It was the best decision I’ve made in years. I love my success. But I would like to tell you to consult your doctor as well as a therapist. This is a difficult thing to do for a lot of reasons. A friend was my surgery twin and she actually didn’t do well mentally afterwards and now is very sick. She actually almost lost her life from not following the directions of aftercare. So please make sure you are mentally in the right state of mind for the journey. I wish you luck and great success.
  5. PokerGuy
    PokerGuy
    I'm a guy.. had a BMI of 33. 6'2" weight of 255-260
    Dr. A did me in July of 2017. Lost about 30 pounds in the first month then another 20 over the next 2 months. I'm not holding stead at 210. With 200 being my ideal weight.. Dr. A and his team are the best.. They did me, my sister and my mother.. I have been there 4 times and they are great.. You will be fine alone.. Everyone there is so nice and the other sleevers will take care of you. Don't worriy.

out of Everyone that gets sleeved usually the only regret they all have is that they didn't do it earlier.
    That is why I did it when I did.. There is not reason to wait once you know you can't win the battle on your own..
    Getting it done earlier means a better life and less loose skin afterwards.. (I have none)
    People did ask me while I was there what I was having done and when I told them the sleeve they looked at my a bit and said you don't need the sleeve..
    I just them what I said above and they all agreed and understood.
    Good Luck... Do it .. Your life will change forever for the best.
    PG
  6. Tamera2
    Tamera2
    Hi Cay, Congratulations on deciding to make a choice to better your life. With consistent exercise and eating healthy you will be successful. I had Dr A in January of 2017. I loved Dr A and found him and his team Outstanding. You will get the best care both at the hospital and hotel. The staff and the nurses at the hotel will treat you like family. The area is safe to walk around and is nice. A friend I made while down there came by herself because hubby stayed behind to Care for small children too. You will spend a lot of time with your group and won’t really ever be by yourself. You will get picked up at the airport with some of the people having surgery. You should have a great experience. There were three ladies by themselves all were happy with experience. I’m happy t answer any questions and happy to talk with you on my cell if you’d like. Sleeve best decision I ever made and even saved my life. HW 288, SW 268, CW 145. I went from barely climbing a flight of stairs to climbing mountains now training soon to do technical climbing. Good luck to you. Get ready to start living your dreams.
  7. Caylee
    Caylee
    YOU GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! This post was exactly what I needed. Thank you for lifting me up! I'll be in touch if I have any more questions.

Tons of love