Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Travel Companion

1. WandaGettinFit4life
    WandaGettinFit4life
    Hey guys, did y'all go alone or bring a travel partner? I'm looking at the finances and its definitely cheaper to go it alone but will I really need someone to travel with? Having surgery with Dr. Hernandez. If you took someone are you glad you did? If you didn't take someone did you wish you would have? Talk to me.
  2. Quin
    Quin
    I went by myself and I was totally fine.
  3. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    I went alone and was fine, made friends with several people there alone to have surgery as well.
  4. nineohtwo
    nineohtwo
    My fiancé came with me, and I was happy for the support; as well as someone to walk the hallways with (they encourage a lot of walking). But many people I was sleeved with were on their own, and they managed just fine!
  5. Tamera2
    Tamera2
    My husband went with me. It was nice to have him and share the experience with me however it wasn’t necessary. You do a lot in a group setting and a few women and men in my group were traveling a lone and they all did good. I even did a lot of walking and some shopping with friends I made. Your going through same group that I did. They do a wonderful job and it is safe too. You will get great care and should have a good experience rather with someone or go alone. Dr Hernandez examined me the next day after surgery and D/C me to the hotel. I liked him a lot. My roommate in the hospital had Dr H. For her surgery and everything. Good luck and you’ll do fine if you go by yourself. You won’t be a lone much. Just make sure to bring suitcase with wheels and ask for help with lifting it up. You won’t be able to lift more than 5lbs after surgery. Good luck and happy to answer any questions.
  6. Luann
    Luann
    I went alone, and while mostly things were fine, it would have helped to have someone with me the couple times I was dealing with nonsense from lazy staff nurses. I'm a nurse in the US and know what is proper care & what isn't - I had to go there with one nurse in particular who tried to blow me off when I told her my drain needed emptying. It was totally full, no more vacuum on it & starting to leak around the site! She looked at it & said "it's fine." I told her it wasn't and she needed to empty it. She did but was mad after that point, & ignored my call light from then on. My call light stopped working sometime during the night - & magically was fine again in the morning. She didn't get away with it because I yelled my ass off to get her in the room. Just like in the US, most staff are fine but there can be a couple bad apples. I think she would have kept herself in check better if I had a witness at the bedside. She had a very poor attitude & didn't care about the quality of her work, & thought she could get away with it given I was alone & half drugged up & feeling really weak my first post op day.
  7. WandaGettinFit4life
    WandaGettinFit4life
    Hey y'all I'm still here any twins for June 19th? Plane tickets already purchased Passport card on the way...