Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Scared

1. ShirleyPura
    ShirleyPura
    I have surgery scheduled for 01/05/2018-- I had several friends that went to Dr. Almanza and they suggested him. But today for some reason probably because the date is getting closer, I started to do my own research and I am seeing such negative things-- althoug I can say they were from years ago.. I need some type of reassurance. I know that with all procedues there are complications, but has anyone had anything out of ordinary that has resently had this procedure done? any outlook on how you feel things went would sure be helpful. I have 16 days until surgery.
  2. AmberNurse
    AmberNurse
    I was one of a group of five that went and made 2015 had no issues whatsoever and I would highly recommend them
  3. AmberNurse
    AmberNurse
    And it's normal to have second thoughts and want to back out cuz I know I did but I really am satisfied with the care I got from him in the hospital and this is coming from somebody that's a nurse as well
  4. rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    Had surgery in March 2017 Great Hospital Great Care Great Dr. I have lost 112 pounds and it has so been worth it!
  5. Tamera2
    Tamera2
    I can understand being scared or nervous, I think it’s totally normal. However don’t let fear cause you to miss this life saving opportunity. I had surgery 1-24-17 with Dr Almanza. It was the best experience and Dr Almanza was Outstanding along with his team. I would go back to him in a heartbeat. I’ve lost 143lbs so far. I’m happy to share more or answer any questions.
  6. FattyGirl
    FattyGirl
    I am having surgery January 8 and I am feeling the same way! Yesterday, I started second guessing my decision, but I know that I need to lose this weight.
  7. Del1969
    Del1969
    I had surgery by Dr. Almanza Dec 1 2017 and it was an amazing experience! The whole process went very smooth. I never felt unsafe and they are very professional! I had the same fears after reading some of the negative articles out there. Dr. Almanza has done well over 16000 of these procedures and there have been a few negative problems. Some of these reports were determined not true. You will be in good hands when you are there by the doctors, nurses and all the way down to the drivers. Go for it! I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!!!
  8. theirmomma
    theirmomma
    I did the same. Then realized how old some of those stories were coupled with the fact that surgery on someone of substantial is wrought with complications
    I was treated amazingly well by everyone when I had surgery 6/19/17. Nurses, Drs, drivers, hotel staff. All were absolutely amazing.
  9. zoey101
    zoey101
    It will be 3 years this March since Dr. Almanza did my surgery and I couldn't be happier! I haven't had one complication or issue whatsoever and have lost the weight I wanted and kept it off all this time. I totally get being scared of the unknown and there are no promises that everything is going to go perfectly but that's the risk we take by going out of the Country to have surgery with someone we've never met. I think I know some of the stories your referring to that were on the news etc.. You have to put into consideration those individuals and that they may have had health issues that most of us don't have. Also some people don't follow the pre-op and post-op instructions to a "T". If you don't do what your told you can pretty much expect to have problems. If you do what your told the entire time you cut your risk down to almost nothing. I really liked Dr. Almanza and the staff, but remember your not in the U.S. so don't expect a fancy Hospital with top of the line equipment and 5 star facilities. It is the bare minimum at least when I was there but they had what was most important and I think that's all that matters. Just do what your told, don't read things on the internet and have an upbeat positive attitude because for me that was half the battle. I will tell you I went through severe emotional stuff afterwards but I also started menopause at the exact time I had the surgery but I just want to warn you that some people do go on an emotional roller coaster for a while. If that happens to you just remember it will pass in time and you'll go back to normal I promise. I hope this helped to ease your fears and honestly you wouldn't be normal if you weren't a little scared. Have a Wonderful Holiday and see you on the other side soon!
  10. Ardith
    Ardith
    A friend of mine had surgery done 4 years ago. Her daughter is a nurse & they allowed her to scrub in for the surgery. She said everything was clean & up to US practices. There's always a risk with surgery, and it's normal to be a little nervous.
  11. Nadene17
    Nadene17
    I am nervous too - like normal nervous - my husband however is more nervous for me....thank you all for your comforting comments. Sleeve scheduled for 19-Jan-2018.