Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Packing list... Did I miss anything?

1. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    Hey all, so my surgery is on the 6th, but I am leaving on the 5th. I packed everything I could think of, but wanted to see if you guys thought I missed anything. The list is before. Everything is packed in a small carry on roller suit case.

[ ] Pajamas - t-shirt, shorts
    [ ] Phone charger
    [ ] Comfy Clothes (sweat pants and 3 t-shirts)
    [ ] under clothes
    [ ] Blood pressure medicine
    [ ] Blanket
    [ ] GasX strips
    [ ] Melatonin
    [ ] Slippers
    [ ] Heating pad
    [ ] Zip lock bags
    [ ] Protein powder packets
    [ ] Lip balm
    [ ] Sunglasses
    [ ] Pill crusher
    [ ] Deodorant
    [ ] Eye mask
    [ ] Ear buds
    [ ] Tooth brush
    [ ] Tennis shoes
    [ ] travel documents
    [ ] bible study and book
  2. Dino
    Dino
    Hi! You won’t be able to have the protein packs. Just clear fluids(broth,sugar free pop cycles jello etc.)Also, the last day I took my blood pressure meds was the day before my surgery!! And that was August 9/17!
  3. ChrisL
    ChrisL
    I think you did really well on your list. Good luck my surgery went so smooth I thought they did not do it. I hope you have the same luck.
  4. Rob0079
    Rob0079
    See you there. I'll be flying in on the 5th also.
  5. PokerGuy
    PokerGuy
    The only things I would add are:
    Chicken or Beef or Veggie Bullion cubes. 2-3 days after surgery it's nice to have them so if you have a long flight back you can just order hot water and have soup.

I assume by ear buds you mean for your phone/music player?
    I would also buy the foam ear Plugs that block out noise. If you are sharing a room at the hospital you may need them as most "Heavy" people snore loudly.

Also a laptop or tablet can help with the boredom for the 2 days in the hospital. Get a 30 day free trial to netflix if you don't already have it and you can watch movies/shows. Helps the time go by. The hospital TVs only get 1 or 2 channels in English
  6. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    Thank you all so much! I forgot to put on the list that I packed better than bullion, it's a healthier, less sodium based, chicken bullion type paste.
    I brought the protein for the day before surgery, since I'll be flying in a day early.
    So the nice thing about my ear buds is that they noise canceling, so I'll be using those at night to fall asleep Hehe. I'll definitely get some foam ones also just in case!
    I have amazon prime and Netflix on my phone, so I'll probably be doing that and reading! Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't even think about watching anything while I'm there haha.
    I hope the surgery goes just as smoothly as yours Chris!
    Rob! Can't wait to meet all our surgery twins! What time are you flying in? I get in at 10 am and they're picking me up at noon.
  7. HappyJoy53
    HappyJoy53
    Sounds like you are ready to go. Best of luck to you.
  8. Barbzilla
    Barbzilla
    My sister and I are having our sleeves that day too! We'll be flying out of St. Louis and will arrive in San Diego at about 1 p.m. (pick-up at 3 o'clock). Can't wait to meet you and Robb! I'll be the redhead with her brunette sister.
  9. Barbzilla
    Barbzilla
    I'm on the fence about bringing my laptop, mainly because I'll have to shlep it back home after surgery.
  10. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    Yeah, that is why I'm not bringing mine. Haha I didn't want to have to lug it around after surgery.
    I'm flying out of Indianapolis! We are so close!
    I'll be the one with short spiky hair with bows in it haha.
    I can't wait to meet you guys!
    Ohh! Rob and barb, I packed to boxes of GasX strips just in case any of you don't have any! ��
  11. Barbzilla
    Barbzilla
    I've got my Gas-X too, so at least we're covered there.

How are you faring on the liquid pre-op diet? I'm not finding it particularly enjoyable myself, LOL!
  12. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    Since I found out I could have soups, I am doing pretty well! There have been times where I am super hungry, but then I just drink a protein shake or eat some sugar free pudding.
    We only have two more days! We got this girl!