Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Eating too much and hungry

1. Tracylee
    Tracylee
    Hi,
    I had my surgery on August 21st. I am down 24lbs so far. But I am so scared it didnt work for me. I feel like I might be eating too much, but I am hungry. I am in my 3rd week, so today I ate:
    Breakfast - 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk with protein powder. drank it from 8-10am.
    11am - 1/4 cup applesauce
    12:30 - 1 cup tomato soup and 1/2 cup cottage cheese over 40 mins
    3:00 - sugar free jello over 25 mins
    5:30 - 1 1/2 cups chicken noodle soup, 1/2 cup tuna, couple bites cheese. over 40 mins

Im having a hard time with my fluids.... today I drank a large green tea, maybe 3 cups of water.

This has to work for me, but I can't believe I am hungry... I thought I wouldnt be hungry like this anymore. Granted I can't eat as much as I used to, but I'm feeling scared and frustrated that either it didnt work or I am stretching my sleeve.... I'm having a hard time telling if I am full. Is anyone else experiencing this? A lot of people in my group are still nauseous and having trouble with soup....

And.... I am constantly gassy and when I eat I get this really unsexy gurgling sound coming from my chest (esophogus?). I hope this goes away!!!!
  2. KYbourbanaged53
    KYbourbanaged53
    Hi Tracylee, I'm anxious to hear what the long-timers will tell you because I feel the same way, although having lost 22 lb myself since the 21st I'm guessing it worked lol I too am able to consume more than cream soup during this third week, I am also on my feet a lot and have been steadily busy so not sure how those things correlate but I think they do
    Congrats on your 24lb loss, ☺��
  3. meag1971
    meag1971
    this is just an insight but you may want to do cream soups none with noodles and are you taking your vitamins if so you may want to change to flintstones complete and go to a soft chew calcium .. I had that issue with my throat and that is what i did congrats on losing 24 lbs..
    my surgery was august 14th and i have the same problems of feeling hungry but make sure you your 6 small meals including 3 snacks every couple of hours make your protien shake last all day if you can
  4. NLT
    NLT
    Hello, I had surgery the same day you did. I couldn't tell you what's right or wrong as I am figuring this out too. I am only able to eat once or twice a day. About 2-3 ounces at a time, plus one or two protein shakes. I'm wondering if the reason you feel hungry is bc your not getting your fluids in. Instead of eating everytime you feel hungry, I would try to drink water. It's hard to get in everything I know, but at his stage I believe water and protein are the most important things. Hope this helps we will get there!
  5. Carrie7227
    Carrie7227
    Hi everyone, this is a common feeling. When I was going through this, I was reassured everyone feels like it didn't work for them, they are over eating, or eating the wrong things. You will also go through what feels like a stand still at 3weeks as your body is adjusting and trying to see what is going on. I had my surgery july 20 and I went to my Dr and I am above average in my weight loss. I am down 50 pounds. But I eat super super healthy and walk as much as I possibly can. I also take lots of vitamins. Hopefully this reassurance helps you! Gas and gurggling are normal and I worry still I am stretching something. My advice. Slow down when you eat. I know you think god how can I go any slower, but you can. I don't have a designated time to eat. I eat when I feel hungry and stop when I feel full. If that means a few bites over the course of several hours thats what I do. I have an extremely busy life with my son who plays competitive hockey and my career, its a matter of seeing what works for you. So I always have a healthy snack in my purse so I don't feel panicked oru starved before I can get something. I also drink protein shakes half in morning and half at a practice I have to be at.
  6. Tracylee
    Tracylee
    Thank you. I have actually found that my appetite has dropped off again... Having a hard time eating too much and have scaled back to soups and eggs and protein shakes. Really trying to keep hydrated!
  7. Linda51
    Linda51
    Hi there, I had my surgery on July 12th and I am struggling with slowing down when I eat. I've always eaten too fast my whole life and old habits are hard to break. My nutritionist told me not to consume more than 3 oz. at a time. That's 3 oz. total for everything in that meal. Most of the time that's all I can eat anyway, but some things go down easier than others and I have to be very careful of that. I'm still measuring almost everything that I eat and drink. I'm down 35 pounds over the last 2 1/2 months which is great, but somehow I thought I would lose more. I think I just need to adjust my expectations, slow down, relax and let it happen.