Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Upcoming Trip

1. Rob0079
    Rob0079
    I am going on October 6th to Dr. Almanza and probably by myself. Did you go by yourself? If so how did you manage moving your luggage around? Where did you have to fly do? I have to catch a read eye to RI when I'm done and it will be a long trip. I plan on bringing some protein powder packets and powdered broth along. Any recommendations?
  2. Dino
    Dino
    Hi. My brother met me in San Diego then on the way home he fly as far as Vancouver. I checked my carry on and also booked wheelchair service on my flights home. It was a god send. I found my flights home long and uncomfortable. But the airline stewardess were fabulous. The face me cups cup of ice and hot water for my broth. I was glad to have my brother but if you go by yourself then they will room you with another female that had the same surgryyy on the same day. It is so very well organized and professional. I did live on popcycles a lot. They are sugar free! Good luck with your surgery and let me know how it goes! Remember to walk a lot!
  3. Dino
    Dino
    Also I would pack very lite. You really don't need very much.
  4. Rob0079
    Rob0079
    Appreciate it! Not sure if my wife would appreciate another female in the room!!!😂 I have to take the red eye home so it will make for a long trip. Did you bring protein and broth? I was going to buy the powdered broth packets? Should I just buy the boulons?
  5. KYbourbanaged53
    KYbourbanaged53
    You won't need protein until the second week
    There were seven sleevers in my group all but two had companions I highly recommend having someone with you it will allow you to focus your recovery if someone else can manage all the other details
  6. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    I have heard that you definitely want to bring gasX strips! My chiropractor highly recommended bringing tons of zip lick bags also, that way you can double bag them and fill it with ice and water while your in recovery as well as om the plane home. I am I'm the same boat, so I really appreciate the questions you've asked! It has been super helpful because some are things I wouldn't think of.
    If you have a rolly suitcase, I've been told those are the biggest help! Just bring a small one with super comfortable clothes. One person said they wore the same thing the whole time... Hehe
    This is the broth powder I was planning on getting, what are you getting? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y155LJZ..._JP5NzbX75NDYB
  7. Barbzilla
    Barbzilla
    @Rob0079, I'll be there the same day you are! My sister is getting sleeved with me too, so we'll all figure it out together. I plan on bringing bouillon cubes or powder and maybe some Great Lake gelatin to add for extra protein. I'm assuming things like wound wash will be taken care of by the nursing staff.

Great suggestion for the Gas-X by the way. I probably would have forgotten that.
  8. Quin
    Quin
    I went by myself and was totally fine. You will meet people there and have people to walk and talk with.

Gas x strips are a must!

The flight home was exhausting! Bring cubes...I got hot water while at airport and had that and it was yummy!
  9. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    @Barbzilla I'll be there 10/6 also! ��
  10. ShayShy
    ShayShy
    I'm going on the 5th I never thought about the majority of the things you discussed. Is there anybody that will be having it that day. I need help and advice. I'm. Excited and scared.