Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Energy Level

1. Rob0079
    Rob0079
    What was your energy level 2 weeks after surgery?
  2. inklover82
    inklover82
    It has been 8 weeks on tues since my surgery and still haven't fully regained energy. That has been super hard for me. People say to take vitamins but they haven't helped. I guess the body just has to readjust.
  3. PokerGuy
    PokerGuy
    Personally I was great the first 3-4 days.. then I had no energy at all.. from 7 days through about 4 weeks post op. I slept 8-10 hours a night and still needed to take 2 naps a day at 1-2 hours each. I'm not at 6 weeks and it's just starting to get back to normal. I guess your body needs sleep to recover. That and I didn't eat much because I couldn't keep stuff down and was very weak.. walking 20 ft to the bathroom I would have to stop 1/2 way and rest. I couldn't walk around the grocery store and had to ride one of the little scooters around.
  4. Shortchicks2
    Shortchicks2
    My daughter and I had surgery May 23rd. She is turning 20 this week and she bounced back and was back to work as a Vet tech within two weeks. I JUST started feeling better around the 1st of August! Maybe it's my age; I don't know for sure but we had completely different recoveries! I am a travel nurse so luckily I have been able to be off work this whole time. I'm only now starting to THINK about going back to work... Lol... FIRST... we are taking in SO LITTLE that that adds to our no energy problem. I had a horrible horrible nightmare of a time with nausea. I finally started taking a prescription called Diclegis which is normally prescribed to pregnant women who suffer from major severe nausea. This helped me turn the corner and be able to start eating and feeling better. For both my daughter and I, plain water makes us extremely nauseous. We just can't do it. My saving grace has been Ginger Ale that i put in a cup of lots of ice and let it sit until it's really watered down. This is my main form of liquid intake these days. This month I am finally able to go out all day with my kids and not feel like I'm going to pass out! So I guess about the 2 month post surgery point was my turning point for feeling better. In the first 2 months I religiously tried taking all the vitamins... luckily I got mine in the form of patches. I really can't say that I noticed them helping at all. These days, if I know I'm about to have a long day out I will be sure to put the patches on, especially the B-12, but again, not sure if they are helping or not. I am not even kidding when I say that the first 2 months I felt so horribly bad; I lived in my bed and when I did go out I was so dizzy and nauseous I couldn't wait to get home. Many a time I thought... I don't know if I'm going to survive this! .... But I DID!!! And it is the most wonderful and amazing feeling to step on the scale! I am down 53 lbs just shy of 3 months! My daughter is down about the same as well and she looks amazing already! This week is definitely a very happy birthday for her! So... trust me... it will get better! And when you're out... don't feel bad having to take breaks to sit down, or ride those scooters. This will pass and then you'll be power walking! Wishing you all much happiness and success!
  5. Rob0079
    Rob0079
    Thank you all for the information!
  6. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    This was a great question! I was wondering about this also. I only get a week off of work after the survey, so I wondered how hard it would be to go back to work. I am a reporting analyst, so I sit at a desk all day. Do you think I would be ok to return one week and 3 days after surgery?
  7. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    I went back to work after a week and have a desk job too. I still struggle with energy levels but it is a marathon not a sprint. Best wishes xo
  8. PokerGuy
    PokerGuy
    2 weeks post op I was sleeping 10 hours at night and taking 2 naps during the day or at least an hour each.. I was tired ALL The Time. That lasted until about 4 weeks post op. I'm not 7 weeks post op and while not bad to normal I'm much better.. Mine also might be because I wasn't eating much as I couldn't keep anything down and was losing a ton of weight Fast. (Much faster than i wanted)
    PG