Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Concerns

1. Rob0079
    Rob0079
    Did anyone have any issues with infection? If there is an issue does insurance cover it even though the surgery was done out of the country?
  2. Tamera2
    Tamera2
    I didn't have any problems with infection's. Dr Almanza does a great job preventing infections. First you bath night of and in the morning with hepacleanse. Make sure to use clean towel and clothes after each shower. You will get three days of IV antibiotics then on fourth day resume oral antibiotics for Seven days. The nurses will teach you wound care and will assist you when you are at the hotel. You will clean wounds with hepacleanse then apply antiseptic spray then dry with sterile 4x4.
    If you follow instructions chanses of infection very very low.
    I would check with your insurance and find out if you have any restrictions in receiving care when problem occurs from out of state surgery.
    Good Luck to you. This surgery saved my life and gave back my life too. I'm off a Bi-pap machine and Oxygen. I went to Colorado for 5weeks and for the first time didn't notice the elevation change‼️ : ) I've lost 114lbs so far. Off five meds, I'm a avid hiker and mountain climber,runner,bike rider, I'm up to 50 miles round trip. You've picked an Outstanding doctor and his team is great, along with the nurses. The hospital is very clean and the OR's have state of the Art equipment. The hotel is very nice and the staff treat you like family. I'm happy to answer any questions. My cell is 360-601-7351