Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Getting Excited!?

1. blondie11.11
    blondie11.11
    Hello to those of you getting ready to have your procedure in October!!! Are you as excited and nervous as I am? It's a bit nerve wracking to think about the procedure but also to take the trip to a foreign country in my case to have it done also is so new. I am having a girlfriend take the trip with me as she has been through this 2 years ago with the same Mexico trip, same Doctor and she looks AMAZING! She started at 260 lbs and 2 years later she is at 120 lbs and not only beautiful but happy. I am really ready to "take the leap" into this journey but scheduled my procedure the first week of October in hopes I would heal enough to not to bring attention to myself too close to the holidays as none of my family know I am doing this. They would freak out that I am going to Mexico to have it done. I am a the heaviest I have ever been weighing in at (shhhhhhh -don't tell anyone) 230 lbs! I weighed less than that full term pregnant! I am going to be 50 this next year, believe it or not and just want to be healthier starting the next 50 years off on the RIGHT foot! Well, I am looking forward to hopefully communicating with each of you and hopefully helping one another through this exciting yet nerve-wracking waiting time period. Maybe we can all help each other through these Jitters
  2. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    Girl! You got this! I am super nervous as well. My roommate was going to go with me, but she can't get the time off from work, so I will be going alone. I am sure I will meet people there, especially since I'll be sharing a room with someone, but it's still a little scary going to a foreign country to have a semi major surgery done. My mom is really nervous for me, but what mom wouldn't be nervous of their child having any kind of surgery, let alone out of country surgery.
    Praying everything goes well and your friend makes you feel more comfortable! When is your surgery?