Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Question for pre-op 2 months out....

1. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Any advice for me as I am planning for July? I have approximately 2 months before my sleeve surgery. Today, I had a protein shake for breakfast and a normal lunch. My plan is to start getting used to the diet pre.... pre-op. Did anyone else do that or have any thoughts on the subject. I don't want to fall into the trap of everything is the "last" time I will have..... whatever food/drink. I don't want to balloon up before I start the pre-op diet. Many of you food addicts out there know what I am talking about. This group has been a Godsend to me. A wonderful outlet. Only a very few people in my life know that I am having sleeve surgery in July. I don't need to defend my decision or deal with how other view my choice or the surgery in general. I have done the research and feel that this is the best choice for me in my life now. So, what can I do now to make a positive impact on this process?
  2. Stefany
    Stefany
    Congratulations!!! I'm taking the leap I. January but I've already begun making changes. I understand​and support what you're doing. Best wishes and a trillion blessings to you.
  3. Bobby Boston
    Bobby Boston
    My best advice is that you follow the instructions you were given... not because anyone told you to do so but because it is good for you, will make your procedure easier for the surgeon. A happy surgeon is a good surgeon! I had to work at it a bit, but after a while I found a way to defocus on food and refocus on the outcome I'm seeking: For me, I want to be able to walk into a room full of strangers, knowing that their first impression of me will not be that I'm fat. It helped me to visualize that. I also have a tangible reward in mind-- an entirely new wardrobe, assembled from scratch. Out with the random sweaters, trousers and shirts and in with whatever style I choose. How often do we have a chance to do that? Bear in mind that you do not need a :"last meal," because after your surgery no one is going to tell you you can "never" eat foods that you love. With a smaller stomach, you will certainly find that your capacity is limited but at least for me my interest in food is still as it was. I could not use eating to manage my moods--as I did in the past-- even if I wanted to do that. My maximum capacity now is about the volume equivalent of two scrambled eggs. I find 12 ounces of my protein milkshake is enough food for me.

All the best to you!
  4. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Thank you both! I am modifying my eating and exercise now. My pre-op instructions are for 5 days pre-op but I thought getting a jump start will help my outcome and help me to get into the right frame of mind.