Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

San Diego following surgery

1. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Did anyone stay in San Diego a few days following surgery before they flew home?
  2. rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    We went early and stayed 3 days before near the harbor and had a blast!
  3. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Do you think you would have felt like hanging around San Diego 3 days after surgery?
  4. Trastan
    Trastan
    I had my surgery on a Monday in Tijuana and stayed two night in hospital and was supposed to stay the third night in a hotel in Tijuana but I felt so good after the second night that I decided to go to San Diego for my third night. I ended up staying two night in San Diego and felt pretty good. We stayed in a waterfront hotel and walked to the Midway Museum (about two miles). I was pretty tired walking back but not too bad. I was still on strictly clear liquids at that time. I enjoyed San Diego and it made it feel like a bit of a holiday that way. Plus my husband was not impressed with the hotel in Tijuana. He didn't feel altogether safe in it so I wanted him to feel like he atleast got a bit of a holiday out of it if we were spending all that money and going that far.
  5. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Thank you Trastan that is great info. I am glad that your surgery went so well for you. How are you doing now?
  6. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    How are you both doing now? Any advice you would offer?
  7. Trastan
    Trastan
    I feel really good. I did develop a kidney stone at about week six. I was very lucky though. Woke up with a pain in my back and went to work withen a half hour I couldn't stand up and ended up going to the hospital. They hooked me up to an iv and I think that flushed the stone because when I went to give a urine sample a half hour later the stone was in my sample. From what I have read they often take up to a month to pass so I consider myself fortunate. The doctor on call said it was from dehydration. I thought I had been getting in enough fluids but I guess not. The day before I had a bad headache and was thinking it might be from dehydration. But other then that I feel good now. Acid Reflux was a huge thing for me until I got a good one a day medication. I was finding as soon as I ate something it would come back up but in the form of a slime so I finally realized that was the problem not my tummy. I have no regrets at all about going to Mexico though. I was very nervous when I first got there and realized I was supposed to have my surgery in his clinic. It did not look like the most sanitary place, but then it turned out that they had overbooked and he wanted to do it at the hospital. I had to pay a bit extra but was so worth it. They were amazing at the hospital. Best of luck to you with your surgery!
  8. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Thank you Trastan for the info. Glad you are having success and were happy with your surgery in Mexico. I will remember what you said and get those fluids in!
  9. Trastan
    Trastan
    do you know what hotel you stay at in Tijuana?
  10. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Yes, it is the Hotel Hacienda Del Rio.
  11. Trastan
    Trastan
    Ok, I don't know much about that one. My husband stayed at the Hotel Grand while I was in the hospital. He said it was nice (saw a few sketchy things in the lobby though). I was supposed to stay there my third night but cancelled it and went to San Diego instead.