Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

5 Months Post Op

1. Christie13
    Christie13
    Hello friends! It's been 5 months post op for me as of yesterday. I am happy with my results and weight loss. It has been very steady. I have lost 53 lbs post op and total 73 lbs. How has everyone else been doing?
  2. Marian
    Marian
    Hiya, Christie
    I have started only weighing in once a month, because I was getting way too obsessed with the scale. This is what I do on every diet, and it really ruins my days. On my 5 month mark on march 21 I was down 66 lbs since surgery, or a total of 95 lbs. Wow it sounds like even more in non-metric! What's more important to me is that I am able to move around with a lot more ease. My knees don't hurt much anymore even though I am putting them through a lot of strenuous walks. I am struggling to stay on track with the strength training, but I manage to get to the gym sporadically. I have added a little strength routine to my walks - just some push-ups, squats and some chair dips, but I figure it's better than nothing. I do feel tremendous progress physically, I have even jogged a little bit, though I am wary of it. I really don't want to hurt myself and be cut off from exercise. At this point I have lost just over half the weight I wanted to. Which probably means I will not have lost it all within a year seeing as weight loss slows down when you get smaller. But I don't worry about that and try to focus on the progress so far.
  3. Christie13
    Christie13
    That's great Marian. You're doing well. I need to add more strength training as well. I admit I weigh myself frequently. I'm not bothered by it though. As long as I don't gain. I might fluctuate within .2-.3 pounds but I never go up more than that. I usually hold steady or lose a bit. I'm also grateful for the non sleeve victories such as wearing skirts or dresses without shorts underneath. Woohoo!
  4. elle77
    elle77
    Heyyyyy everyone. Overall I'm doing pretty good. The scale has not been my friend...soooooo I'm convinced it's broken lol. My clothes are getting looser and looser and I'm really starting to enjoy everything. I hope to hit the 199 mark soon. I'm so close! I'm still working on finding balance! Every day I feel so thankful that I did this surgery and have the support from everyone here. I'm going to try meal prepping. I'm hoping this helps with keeping me on track and eating properly. I'm trying to get off of shakes. From my highest weight I'm down 113 pounds, I was 288 (down 75) 13 days before surgery and 272 the day of. (down 59) I was in the program from June of 2016 and couldn't lose any weight. I would go up and down 6 pounds and then finally the two weeks before actual surgery BAM!!!! It just started coming off.
  5. Christie13
    Christie13
    It is difficult to find the balance. I know that I try to get my protein from food and only use shakes when I have had a low protein day and then use it to supplement. I think you have done well Elle. 59 lbs in 5 months is great!! And 113 lbs overall is FREAKING AMAZING!!!!
  6. elle77
    elle77
    I thought it was pretty good to until my last Dr's visit. I have to lose 10 pounds a month and I've been on this stall. I have to lose at least that before I see her next month. I feel pressure. I've been averaging around 11 a month but the scale hasn't moved since I hit 213. It goes up and down these 5 pounds constantly. I'm going to the gym every day and really trying with my food intake and still NADA!!!! It's super frustrating. I have 60 pounds to go. I haven't touched any junk food and been on track and still it just keeps going up n down 5 pounds. The struggle is REAL!!! I know eventually it will go back down but the waiting is killing me. As long as I get to the 10 pounds before May 9th I'll be good!!!