Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

8 weeks out - weight loss stalled

1. tntmynatt
    tntmynatt
    Hi all,

New to this forum, I had my sleeve surgery on Jan 11. The first month (4-5 weeks) I lost 31 lbs, but it has been 4 weeks and now I haven't lost a pound. I never eat over 600-700 calories a day until last week when my doctor told me I wasn't eating enough and to eat a minimum of 800 - 1000.

Anyone else having this issue and how to you pass this.

Thanks, TNT
  2. griz9112
    griz9112
    I had my surgery Jan 6, I only weigh once a week and I try to not obsess about eating or weighing myself all the time I eat what I want, i do not count calories or carbs and I listen to my body. I am somewhat active but need to become more consistent From what I have read from others it is important to get your water and protein in From my highest weight in mid December I am down 46 pounds, I am happy with my results and how things are working for me

If your new to the site try to research some veterans, I love Tinman's therory about this journey we are on but there are plenty of great input and advice from others on here

Good luck, relax and breath you will get there
  3. jenny53669
    jenny53669
    Hello - I had my surgery Jan 13 so I'm right about 8 weeks. I lost 22 lbs the first 4 weeks, another 8 the last 4 weeks. I think it definitely slows down (just like any weight loss, the more you lose, the slower it goes); but like Griz said I just weigh once a week because you can easily fluctuate a couple pounds in a couple days and I don't want to get unnecessarily discouraged. I'm sticking at about 800 calories a day, I track everything I put in my mouth on my fitbit app and that helps. Good luck and keep strong!
  4. BelleKreyol
    BelleKreyol
    Stalls are certainly part of it. I had one at about 5 weeks. Most folks will either get back to basics with liquids, mushies, then solids. Other will increase their protein and water intake. Exercising is also great way to break a stall.

I hope this helps!

Belle
  5. Donald G
    Donald G
    Protein protein protein right now on average I eat 12 ounces of chicken breast a day 4 ounces per sitting that's 84 grams of protein while only being 420 calories. I also eat 1/4 cup liquid egg white which is another 10 grams of protein and another 50 calories. I will eat steamed carrots as my main veggie I stick to carrots as its my favorite veggie out of the 4 I am allowed to eat currently by my doctor. Most veggies run 25 calories and 2 grams of protein per cup and I usually eat 1 banana per day which is 2 servings of fruit for another 60 calories.

I listed the calories for you but i myself do not count calories so that's 555 calories add in another roughly 100 for a snack and I intake no more then 700 calories in a day but I am getting roughly 100 grams of protein and I never have a feeling of being hungry, I have not hit a stall yet I did slow down a bit over the last 2 weeks with the amount Iost so I increased my protein intake to see if that bumps it back up.
  6. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    My advice:

WATER!!! (or whichever sugar free non-caffeinated drink you prefer) We need to hit 1/2 of our body weight in ounces of liquids per day.

and... PROTEIN!!! We need to shoot for a MINIMUM of 70 grams a day of LEAN protein.

If/when you're doing that and not losing any weight, up your calories to at least 800 a day. And get in a walk each day, at least.

You're not alone in your struggle. We're here for you. (feel free to message me/post on my profile if you want )