Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New To Group

1. BlackButterfly718
    BlackButterfly718
    OMG, no offense to anyone but I am so excited to join a African American Sleevers Group. Believe it or not I just joined this site about a hour ago. I had the gastric sleeve Sept 5 2012, I started around 415lbs. I weight 325lbs now and am disappointed because I have gained 25lbs over the last 2 years or so. I decided to join this site so I can get the support I need to loss the weight I gained back and even a little more before the anniversary of my surgery, so how are all you guys doing?
  2. jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81
    Hello and welcome! I applaud your efforts with getting back on track...everyone is here to encourage each other. I had the sleeve in Oct 2016, so I'm still getting used to things. Something that has helped me, outside of counseling, is writing about my experience with getting the sleeve. It helps keep me motivated and accountable. Don't be disappointed in yourself...dust yourself off and re-commit yourself to a healthy lifestyle. Remind yourself of why you did it in the first place, and give yourself a pat on the back for losing almost 100 lbs!
  3. RehabNurse
    RehabNurse
    Welcome.
  4. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    Welcome. I too picked up a few lbs after losing 60 but all you can do is get back on that horse. I jumped started by going back on a liquid diet for a few days as if I had just had the surgery then gradually went back into solids. Good luck and keep up the good fight.
  5. Martini
    Martini
    well ladies hello and how are you? I now have a surgery date set for Oct 20th and im so nervous. i am so excited and nervous at the same time. Is there anything that i should know that they dont tell you?
  6. Tealael
    Tealael
    Hi I'm brand new to the site and my surgery is scheduled for November 7th any tips?