Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

4 weeks post op.... frustrated

1. Jhielscher
    Jhielscher
    I am 4 weeks post-op from the Gastric Sleeve and was cruising along until last week. I have followed the diet almost 100% and am tracking everything I eat or drink, I have not had over a 1000 calories on any given day and hover around 700 most days. I have had no alcohol, no sweets or BAD carbs at all

In the last two weeks I have had 2 episodes of bad diareaha. Is this something I ate??? Yesterday I had very well cooked cabbage (1/4 cup) and 3oz of Turkey burger for dinner. Should I assume it was the food

By bigger concern is the last week my weights loss has stalled. NO weight loss in week 4 and averaging 700 calories a week. I AM FRUSTRATED.

Beginning weight was 413, current weight 369.2

Any suggestions, help, encouragement, information, experience would be great
  2. Jncyost
    Jncyost
    So, first off the cabbage will 100% cause you to have diarrhea. Greens of any kind can but cabbage alone will for sure. That doesn't mean don't eat just know you will have diarrhea. I doubt it was the turkey burger though. The weight loss stopping, are you exercising at all? If you are maintaining 700 calories and also maintaining a non-active life style your body has entered starvation mode and holding onto the 700 calories you are consuming. Start some kind of walking, sit on couch and life small weights. Anything at all will jump start that calorie burn again. Good luck and don't give up!.

I have never experienced dumping, diarrhea, puking or anything with foods ever so I can't say I know what that is like but greens even without surgery can cause diarrhea. Hope this helps!