Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How is everyone doing?

1. elle77
    elle77
    How are you doing with your current diet/eating plans?

Are you struggling at all?

What works for you?

I'm still trying to find a balance. There are days when I do so well and days that I hardly eat due to stress at work and my crazy schedule. I'm trying to get myself back on a routine and keep at it. I had a weird stall and then a water weight gain that just stayed there. Now I'm back to focusing on the basics again.Water and Protein. Hoping that if I get my Dr. Recommended 90+ in I will be OK. I can't get that in though. I'm lucky to get in 60+. I did get down to a 14-16. I was wearing a 24/26. Even though the scale is not moving like I wish it would, I do like that my clothes are getting smaller.
  2. Patricia7
    Patricia7
    HI ELLE:

Im doing ok. Im like you with a bit of a stall. Im working thru it and finding that the last couple of days have been tough on me for food. On Saturday, I was at a food tasting for my sons wedding. I tried everything in very small bites - but found it was still to much. I didn't get the pain or feel like I was going to throw up at all, Just really full. I was actually scared that may be I would stretch my stomas sleeve. lol I guess I was just panicking. I have moved down on the scale as of Friday (My weigh Dates) I was down to 52 lbs. 278 to 225 and from size 22-24 to 16-18. I still have aways to go. I set my goals in 25lbs increments. I ideal weight goal is 185 lbs. Im not giving up.

I tried a glass of wine this weekend. It went directly to my head quickly it was funny for my husband laughing at me. My taste buds have changed when it comes with Alcohol. I have also tried a little bit of salad, missing it but I'll keep trying it. I only eat spinach or bid lettuce.

I am having some back problems primarily my Piriformis Muscle. Do you have any back problems now or before your surgery. My back was the Main reason for having this surgery. I have scoliosis quite back. Surgery helped considerably... Now I have a new muscle pull in my leg.. Ouch Im doing Acupunture which is help as well.

My doctor introduced me to PatchMD.com and I do all my vitamins thru small patches. I have been down this since October and have just recently had a full blood panel done. My vitamins levers are perfect. I was deficient in Vitamin B's & D's, Blood sugar was high and low on Potasium & Magnessium. Now everything is in the perfect heath levels. Including Vitamin D which 80% of people is deficient in Sun. I

Keep in Touch and congrats one the weight loss.... Keep work .. xo
  3. elle77
    elle77
    Patricia7: I had a major car accident and my L4,L5, and S1 were all messed up. I was in therapy and getting epidural injections into my spine. I am still taking Gabapentin to this day to help but it has gone away tremendously due to the weight loss. I do go to the gym 4-6 days a week. It helps a lot.
  4. Marian
    Marian
    Good to hear from you both. I too seem to be stalled on the scale despite my workout efforts and low food intake. I had a meeting with my nutritionist concerning my protein intake. I know it is far too low. I just can't stomach protein shakes and even Greek yogurt feels too rich for me. It might have twice the protein of regular yogurt but when I can only force down half the amount, where's the gain? She had very little to offer in terms of advice. "Enrich your food with flavorless protein." The so-called flavorless protein tastes like paper. Who doesn't love an aroma of paper added to their soup..? Then she was talking about trying some synthetic protein soup. I have tried so many of those soups on all the liquid diets I have been on throughout the years. I can't eat them. I would love to hear how you get 60 grams of protein in a day, Elle. Even that would be a vast improvement for me.
    Energy wise I am not doing too well either. Working out has always been a sure fire way for me to elevate my mood and energy level. But it just isn't working anymore. I hit the gym 3 times a week and go for walks when the weather allows it, but I am still suffering some major bouts of fatigue and depression. You'd think the weight loss would give me a boost, losing weight certainly has done that for me in the past, but this time it doesn't help me. I am meticulous with my supplements, but I guess the protein deficiency is throwing me.

Not much to do, but to muddle through. I try to cheer myself up with saying I am getting close to the halfway mark to my goal, but with the scales hardly moving, it is hard to stay positive. I really should stay off the scales. Clothes are steadily feeling looser, so there is some kind of change going on still.

Dinners are a struggle. I keep getting uncomfortably full after two bites, despite chewing ever so thoroughly. I invariably overeat at dinner. I have to leave the table in order to not further hurt myself on the food that I love. That sucks, cause it is the only family time we get most days.

But with all my struggles, I have no regrets about having the surgery. I realize that I am in a process, and the outcome is not given, but it is something I can control. It is better to be thinner with little energy, than so extremely overweight with low energy and lots of pains to boot. A lot of things have gotten better: My stamina is better and walking up hills isn't such a struggle anymore. People I don't know are treating me differently. I don't get the amount of stares that I used to. It is easier to pick things up off the floor, and most housework is easier. I sweat much less. My feet don't get swollen anymore.The list of improvements is long, I wish I had an easier time focusing on them.

That's about as positive as I can muster these days, girls. It's good to have some people who are going through the same things.

-Marianne
  5. elle77
    elle77
    Marian,

I do different things. I'll mix Quest Protein packets with a premiere protein shakes with ice and drink it. Tastes like a Milk Shake. That's 50 grams of protein right there. I'll make protein pudding. There are so many different ways to get it in. That is what works for me. I'm still looking for a good unflavored protein powder that will mix well with broth. I snacked WAY TOO much... well for me anyway and I don't snack. So today I'm on a liquids only to get back on track. I don't want the snacking Monster to be in my life again. Overall I really get my proteins in from Nuts, Chicken, Cheese, and Protein. Also the PureProtein Double Chocolate Crunch balls. I've been trying out some Low Carb High Protein meals. Trying to find what works best for me. Some days are hard and others are a piece of cake.
  6. Christie13
    Christie13
    I am still eating low carb. May occasionally have a bite here or there but not even on a daily basis. I have a daily 12 oz non fat latte from Starbucks every morning with Splenda...it is my happy time! I love coffee. LOL. Then lunch and dinner are always some kind of protein and veggie. Mostly protein and a small amount of veg. I try to have a few nuts or bites of protein bar throughout the day. It helps with my protein intake. Sometimes I will also have a protein shake in the afternoon when I feel like I need to up my protein. I have not really had cravings or had to fight any temptations. I am pretty happy about that. I also feel like I do well with exercising. I really love it. I also love seeing the changes in my body. I am so happy I did this!
  7. elle77
    elle77
    I still can't eat allllll the way low carb. I have things here and there. Never in excess. I'm talking one or two bites and I'm good. I'm just focusing on getting the majority of protein in and letting the rest follow.