Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Newbie to surgery

1. DEWD_2017
    DEWD_2017
    Hi folks - just came across this site two weeks ago and been reading about the post-ops from various people. I projected a surgery date for June 2017 and waiting to see if I get approved for the financing. Just wondering if anyone has had it done and how was your recovery and were you able to keep the weight off? I've done Nutri-system back in 2005 and it really worked for me but I couldn't afford to do it due to the monthly costs. So I figure the next thing to try would be the gastric sleeve. I look forward to hearing from some of you to see how it has worked for you. Thanks
  2. Babylamb7
    Babylamb7
    Hi I was sleeved in August 2016. It was a major decision for me. So far I've lost over 50 lbs and around 30 inches overall. I'm happy with the progress thus far. And I don't regret it. Good luck to you.
  3. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    Hi I have lost about 60 lbs, got off insulin and am feeling great. I had the sleeve and sometimes wish I had the complete bypass. I do not regret it at all. Recovery time was quick but I still have to be mindful of what I eat and exercise so the skin doesn't get too loose. I wish you the best of luck and please keep us posted on your journey.
  4. RehabNurse
    RehabNurse
    I was sleeved in April 2015 and slowly lost 100 pounds over 17 months. Although I have maintained my weight loss, keep in mind that the surgeon operates on your stomach and not your head.

Some people slip back into old habits (e.g. emotional eating, grazing, mindless snacking) and wonder why they start regaining or never lost sufficient weight in the first place. The sleeve is a great tool, but it is up to the person to use it properly.
  5. Mynaneizdale
    Mynaneizdale
    I had Gastric Sleeve in July 2016, I started at 312 pounds and am down to 242 pounds, my goal is 220 before my 1 year mark. I've seen a lot of posts of people complaining about the sleeve not working for them. But they always talk about how they eat a lot of junk food. It is not that the sleeve it not working for them....they are not using the sleeve properly. For anyone out there wondering if the sleeve is worth it. Yes, You just have to have the determination to succeed. To adjust your behaviors to take your life back and start living again...happy and healthy. You can do this!!
  6. BelleKreyol
    BelleKreyol
    18 days in I don't regret it. Like everyone said...you're going to need your mind right for it to work. You're going to need to change your lifestyle for it to work. It's going to be how hard do you want this. And if you're willing to do the rest, you'll never look back.

Best of luck!

Belle