Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

October 2013 Sleevers - Check in!

1. paradoxgal
    paradoxgal
    I rarely log in here anymore, but I have a friend that just got sleeved, and another friend getting sleeved in March. I needed to find the online page that was such a good resource for me. Just check in and let us know how you're doing... If you don't know what to say,
    answer these few questions:

When and where were you sleeved?
    Did you have complications? If so, have you overcome them?
    Whats your favorite thing about the sleeve? What is your least favorite?
    Did you lose the weight you wanted to?
    and finally... Are you happy with your decision?

I will start!

I was sleeved Oct 23, 2013 in Tijuana MX. I was rock bottom at about 305 lbs and had all but given up so flying to Mexico wasn't so scary for me, when I was praying I would go to sleep and just not wake up at that time in my life... *sad to think back on that now*
    I didn't have any major complications. Recovery was pretty smooth, but not mentally. I missed eating. I missed taking big bites and eating myself silly. I missed feeling satisfied for a while. I felt hunger all the time which turned out to be major heartburn. Sadly, the only lasting complication if you would call it that, is that I still need prilosec every day. (anyone else? If I don't take it, by 6pm I'm super miserable. I wish I didn't need it, and wonder if theres a way to tell my body to stop producing so much damn acid!)
    I have released most of the weight. I've been back in school this past year and slowly put back on 10 lbs. I try to not panic about it because for a couple years I felt free of the "gotta lose weight" mentality... I just feel gratitude most of the time for the gift it's given me - I don't feel like I would be alive right now had I not got it done. Yes, I am extremely happy with my decision and have been since about... December 2013. LOL.. The first couple months were ROUGH.

What about you?
  2. stylin231
    stylin231
    I was sleeved on Oct. 22,1013 in Bowling Green,Ohio.I have no regrets that worse part was the liquid diet before and after.And the most painful thing was when they pulled the drain tube out when i was being released from the hospital.I remembered from a previous surgery about chest pains because the anesthetic around my heart so to help that the main thing is to walk and walk and that relieved the pain.It has been three years i went from 276 to 174 and gained back 19 pounds back last year and have stabilized my weight since i regained weight because i looked too thin and looked sickly.I am healthy know and more enegy and needless to say no longer shopping in the plus size section i am 5'9 1/2 nd at 193 pretty much normal my bmi is 27 was at 41.Good luck
  3. sraebaer
    sraebaer
    October 2013, sleeved in KC, Missouri. Lost all my weight and kept it off. Keeping it off is much more difficult than losing it. I have really upped my exercise! Enjoying being a regular-sized person!