Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery 3 days ago

1. ollina
    ollina
    Hello I just wanted to let you know I had surgery 3 days ago and it went very well! My only rough day way the surgery one, because I had a bad reaction to the anaesthesia and kept falling asleep and feeling sick when waking up. The pain is totally manageable and the sickness was completely gone by the second day. I am now home and focusing on getting as much fluids and protein as possible. I feel blessed because things have been going very smoothly so far
  2. Leslieann
    Leslieann
    Wonderful news!!! Keep us posted!!
  3. griz9112
    griz9112
    Congrats!
  4. BelleKreyol
    BelleKreyol
    Wishing you the best with recovery. I am staying positive. Recovery can be hard. I am reminding myself to take it easy.

Belle
  5. ollina
    ollina
    Thanks everybody, things are going well I guess. I think I have developed an intolerance to milk, I've got a couple of episodes of diarrhoea after having fluid containing milk. I have swapped milk to unsweetened almond milk, tomorrow I am going to try milk without lactose and see if it works. I guess the main disadvantage is that I almond milk has no protein, and I am already struggling a bit with the protein intake. Other than that I am almost completely pain free and stopped paracetamol 2 days ago. How is everybody else doing?
  6. Mdmbust
    Mdmbust
    I had my surgery weds the 19 th having problems with gas and burping I feel like my water is coming back up but it doesn't I have to burp and bad heart burn any suggestions
  7. ollina
    ollina
    Hi Mdmbust sorry you are having issues. Have you tried to contact your doctor about this? Perhaps you can try also asking in the main forum as well for other opinions?
  8. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    @ollina

Might I suggest, to help you get your protein and vitamins in, that you try some Isopure Low Carb (it's a whey protein isolate, and while it's a LARGE scooper when mixed with 12 oz of water one serving gives you HALF, or more, of your daily protein. One 3 lbs tub of it lasts me about 2 weeks and only cost me about $30. I like the dutch chocolate flavor best.

Hope that helps.