Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Questions about underweight low BMI

1. BelleKreyol
    BelleKreyol
    Hi guys,

I know this has been talked about before, but I still do wonder about getting underweight with the gastric sleeve. I am scheduled to have a lap band revision Jan 2017. I originally lost 80+ lbs with my band, but have gained a significant amount back since having some band complications over the years. At my lowest I weighed 147 lbs. My current goal weight is about 153 lbs. I do worry that with much less to lose I may go lower. I only need to lose about 50 lbs. Anything more than that I would look sick.

What are you thoughts? Experiences?

Belle
  2. Terribj
    Terribj
    I have found that if I follow what I'm supposed to do my body has found the appropriate weight. Listen to you body...what it needs how it feels.
    I am about 3 pounds below my goal weight set by my doctor. I can tell if I don't eat right - either not enough or not the right things. As soon as get back on track it settles back.
    Good Luck!!
  3. YOLO48
    YOLO48
    Hi Belle,
    Unfortunately, you can't stop losing weight when you want. It's totally up to your body. I read everything I could get my eyes on before I had my sleeve surgery and based on what I found (weight calculators, discussion boards, articles, etc...) I was assured I couldn't get lower than...BOLOGNA! I am a year and a half out and I have stabilized about 15lbs lower than anything I read said I could. I'm healthy and I feel fine I'm just a bit tinier than expected. Just work with your doctor, eat right, exercise and your body will do what's best.

My best to you!
    Rose
  4. YOLO48
    YOLO48
    BTW. Dr. Almanza did my surgery and I had no issues.
  5. 210tessie
    210tessie
    I started at 210 (I'm 5'5") and go between 120-125 at 2 years out. My body has seemed to figure out where it wants to be but I've had no trouble with not dropping lower- I just add in more carbs, butter or higher calorie foods. You can't eat much of them at one sitting but you can still eat them and I've found when I add them back my weight stabilizes or even goes up a few lbs. Because of the holidays (and cookies in the house) I'm at the higher end of my range this week. Best wishes!
  6. BelleKreyol
    BelleKreyol
    Thanks guys for the replies. This is so helpful in preparing for the surgery. I hope I will have less issues with the sleeve and successfully reach my goal.

Belle