Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Good Morning All!

1. Patricia7
    Patricia7
    thank you to everyone for the Welcome note. I have never joined an online group before but Im looking forward to sharing with friends who have had this surgery. Feeling pretty good these last couple weeks. I was amazed in the beginning my emotion played a part in recovery. I am not an emotion eater, crier, sadness person and all these hit me at different times - it was weird.

Weight is down which I am glad about but has slowed down quickly - I was just a little frustrated with this but I guess 1lb per day is a good sign that things are still working. Is this normal with the others in the group?

Yesterday was hard as I had a major gall bladder attack - it was like hard labour all over again.... feeling better today but don't want to go thru that again. Any words on advise for this would be helpful.

I will keep active with the group - have a great day and thanks for the support.

Cheers
  2. Marian
    Marian
    I am not losing 1 lb a day. Considering how little I manage to eat, I am pretty surprised it isn't moving faster. Today I managed to go for a longer, more strenuous walk. I have been bad at exercising since I have been feeling pretty weak. It was good to get winded and feel that I could push myself a bit, but it was a struggle to build up the motivation to go out the door ��. Look forward to hearing more from you, Patricia! Too bad the ticker signatures don't work in the groups...
  3. Christie13
    Christie13
    @Payricia7 I might lose a quarter of a lb a day. If that. And I exercise. Eventually I'll need to up my exercise. But you have to remember that a pound a day is actually a lot. People who diet and exercise lose about 1-2 lbs a week. So you're rocking this.
  4. janellak
    janellak
    Welcome to the group Patricia! 1 pound a day sounds great! I was losing 2 pounds a day but weight loss has slowed for me as well. As long as the scale is moving in the correct direction it's all good. The sleeve is definitely a marathon and can take a long time to get to a goal weight but keep in mind most patients get there in time. It sounds like you could be weighing yourself too much. You should be weighing in once a week or every two weeks.

Really we are more visual. If you want to give yourself a boost you should take pictures of yourself rather than rely on numbers on a scale. Seeing the difference in your body will boost your ego more than a scale should.

So glad your feeling better now. Not too sure what you mean by a gall bladder attack so I can't give any advise. Did you have gall bladder stones? Constipation pain?
  5. Patricia7
    Patricia7
    Yes everyone is correct, it a marathon not a race. Marion - keep walking. I haven't started my exercise program but can't wait. I am sure that the 1lbs per day will haze off as Im sure I can't keep this pace up forever. But I will keep you posted. Have a good rest everyone, we will key later. Keep moving my new friends.
  6. Patricia7
    Patricia7
    So it is confirmed, Im having my Gallbladder out. I am nervous because my sleeve was only 7 weeks ago, but the attacks are to hard on my stomach and back Im afraid to eat that possible something might set it off again. I am down from 276 to 235. I feel good but I think I could feel better. I am attributing it to the Gallbladder.

I need some advise. I not an emotional eater, I can't eat when Im not hungry - this was the same problem I had before and now I am find that I am plateauing on weight lose. My husband says I look amazing which I love - but Im scared of the gallbladder thing, Im scared of plateauing and Im nervous that if I don't continue to lose my weight then my back pain will resume again. SKIPPING TO THE BEGINNing.... ONE of the very first reasons the I wanted to have this surgery was because I was in so much back pain and my doctor (s) advise to have the surgery to reduce the lower back and abdomen pressure. It has helped so much I can't explain how much better my back feels. i can move with no numbness in my legs. I attribute this to the Gastric Sleeve. NOW I have Gallbladder to deal with and my nevousness. Can one of you talk me thru this. Thanks group
  7. LoriC
    LoriC
    Patricia7...think of it as a checklist to a new, pain-free you! Sleeve, check...gallbladder, check...working out, check...buying new clothes, check, etc. You got this!
  8. Patricia7
    Patricia7
    Thank you Lori. I actually have put it off for a month to see what triggers this reaction. Im starting to think it was the gentle laxative I was using. So much protein has creative a washroom problem for me. I have lessened the protein shakes and no laxative, I have started to use ALive Vegetable fiber and nothing so far.
  9. elle77
    elle77
    Welcome to the group.
    Everything is going to work out for the best. In the beginning I was super emotional and it was because I was dehydrated and tired.
    I'm glad you figured out what was wrong with you now, rather than later. I too had severe back pain and this surgery helped with it tremendously. Just know that you are not alone and we are all here for you! You will get past this and be even better!