Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello!

1. Leslieann
    Leslieann
    Having my surgery done JAN5. The preop is going to be hard for the holidays...but hey the end result will be fantastic!
  2. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    I'm right there with you... I'm tentatively scheduled for 1/11/17 and am driving cross country in a U-haul Dec 14-20th, then the holidays for pre-oop 10 day liquid diet... Aaaack.

We just need to keep reminding eachother, it WILL be worth it!
  3. Lisa73me
    Lisa73me
    I'm working on cutting down on caffeine currently, my surgery is January 3. I don't have to start my pre-op diet until December 31, but I'm gonna start an extremely low carb diet on the 26th. I think this will help me not be hungry on the mainly liquid pre-op diet. I know this is going to be so worth it, but I can't help but be a little nervous as the date draws closer. It's so great to have good friends on this forum I can share things with, thanks everyone!
  4. jenny53669
    jenny53669
    My surgery is scheduled for Jan 13. I also need to cut down on the caffeine I work 8-5 but I'm sooo not a morning person plus I work a boring desk job so I usually drink about 24 oz of coffee a day just to make it through the workday. Is it the caffeine that is the no-no or the stuff in the coffee? I mean could you take a caffeine pill or a 5-hour energy after surgery?
  5. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    As far as the caffeine goes I JUST started trying to cut back. I was drinking on average 2 to 3 large coffee cups a day. I am down to ONE cup now, and by the time I leave for TX to go pick up the Uhaul and get all of my household items out of storage next week I'll be DONE with caffeine. I really want to do anything and everything I can to maximize my readiness for surgery, and lower my risks.

Also.. SUPER excited!!! Got my FINAL approval finally!!! Scheduled for 1/11/17, deposit paid, plane ticket purchased; also my heating pad, antibacterial wound wash, Isopure, blender bottle, bone broth for the travel days, and all the little things needed to take with me for surgery are purchased. Now... I just wait. And work on my preop diet (only required to do 10 days but I plan to get started changing my habits now in preparation for the preop. lol)
  6. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    Lisa: We're here for you! (Also, a thought... the high protein/low carb diet is SUPER easy to do at holidays if you want an earlier start. Just stick to all the meaty goodness and veggies. Ham/Turkey/Green bean casserole, etc. That's my plan at least.

If you need me, you know how to reach me.
  7. Leslieann
    Leslieann
    Need your opinions on this plan. A month after surgery hubby and I are going to take a 5 day trip to Jamaica. We've been going there for 15 years and know it well. Thought it would be nice for a little R&R. Do you think I'll be ok with this. Water and lots of protein foods they have. I hope that I'll be able to do it. Any thoughts? The air travel is only about 2 hrs time.
  8. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    Leslieann

I think you'll be totally fine a month out. The 2 hour plane flight is less than I'll be having 3 days post op, which every surgeon I've talked to has said is fine. So long as you think you can handle an all liquid diet while there. Depending on your surgeon of course, but MOST sleevers are on full liquids at a month out and MAY BE ready to start mushies (smooth blended babyfood in super small amounts).

You should TOTALLY check out the Ask Dr. A show on Youtube. He's REALLY informative and helpful on all these topics. The episodes are short also, so easy to fit in between other things. I went to his channel and started in order, I'm on about episode 50 ish. SUPER useful to me.
  9. jenny53669
    jenny53669
    Awesome TarotAces! I got my flight scheduled & passport renewed too. I haven't bought the other necessities yet but will soon. Also thx for the heads up about the Dr. A You Tube vids. I'm also going to start the preop diet Jan 1 so we can support each other! I'm a little worried about the plane trip home... getting nauseated, being fairly immobile for 4 hrs or so, walking in the airport, etc. I know other sleevers said to get up and walk on the plane but I'm worried about making other people get up and down, and how far away the gate will be, stuff like that.
  10. Tessie
    Tessie
    I am having my surgery on 1/5/17. Feeling nervous and excited. I started this process a year ago and backed out. Thought I could loose on my own. Well that didn't happen. So back to the start. I am a smoker having a hard time with that more than the pre op diet. Started doing a similar diet now so I won't be shocked on the 21st. But the nutritionist said prime rib on Christmas is fine. So I'm excited for my last good meal. Good luck to everyone else and cheers to our new selves 2017
  11. griz9112
    griz9112
    yes the dr a videos have been helpful! what does the heating pad help with? starting to get a little anxious but reminding myself it will be worth it! when I get home the no lifting may be a slight challenge, twins definitely weigh over 30! but capable of managing a lot on their own
  12. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    griz9112 : I've been warned about feeling very cold immediately post-op, and for MONTHS after and others have shared that they were VERY glad to have a heating pad and extension cord (MX sleevers) to keep the chill away while in their room. I suppose if you're in the US you won't need to BRING one as the nursing staff will likely keep bringing you warmed blankets as needed.

I too am starting to get a bit anxious... or should I say 'more' anxious? just over 2 weeks from now I'll be alone in a foreign country having major surgery. It's a bit daunting to say the least. Yes, I have absolute trust that I will be fine and it will have all been more than worth it by this time next year.