Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery Date

1. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    My surgery date, tentatively, is 1/11/17... So, about 5 1/2 weeks away. I know it's more than a month out, but I am getting soo excited, nervous, anxious, and restless.

I was hoping to have my surgery with Dr. Hernandez in TIjuana, MX just due to the cost difference to be honest, but WeightLossAgents seem to have me with Dr. Almanza (who is the head physician). I say 'tentative' and 'seem to' because it's been 5 days and I'm still waiting on Dr. approval. I had heard from everyone I've talked to that they're usually really fast to get back to you people about approval, etc. So I asked on the patient portal and one of the facilitators told me it usually takes a few days to get approval and to 'relax it'll all be fine'. I have already filled out every form necessary AND gotten loan approval. Those steps were handled within the first 48 hours ish from first contact.

I know... Relax. I can't help but feel a bit of anxiousness and excitement, which make it hard to 'relax'.

I've been overweight since I had my oldest (who is now 20 [2016]) and obese for the last 15 years. I went through high school at my comfortable weight of 134 lbs. I don't really need to be that weight again, but I WOULD like to be able to go hiking, camping, kayaking, and fishing again. And I WOULD really like to not have to consider if the chairs at such and such restaurant/cafe I'm invited to will be too small (Starbucks OMG they kill me).

I look forward to NOT having to consider every aspect of my life through the lens of obesity.
  2. jenny53669
    jenny53669
    Hi! Our stories sound so similar, and it looks like we might be going to MX the same weekend! The WLA also scheduled me w/Dr. Almanza, even though when I asked why was my case complicated, they said no, just that he was the senior surgeon. But in previous emails it said to have him do the surgery was $700 more, but right now (I've paid the $250 deposit) it says my remainder is $3999. So I'm still not sure what the total price will be. I've scheduled my flight, to leave Jan 12, have surgery Jan 13, and fly home Jan 16.

My oldest is almost 19. I don't remember my exact HS weight but I think I remember 133. I'm 5'5'' and a lot of my friends were in the 110-115 range so I felt like a big fatty even then (had I only known I should have been thankful to be that size!) Then I didn't really weigh myself over the next few years when I got married but I think I wore a size 9/11. Then I got PG and when I stepped on the scale at my first OB appointment I about died when it said I was 177! I ended up gaining 70 lbs w/that first pregnancy. I've had 2 more kids since then, a hysterectomy and then a hernia repair so my stomach is absolutely GROSS. But no matter what I've tried (SlimFast, phentermine, working out at the gym, HCG shots) I've stayed at around 200-210. It's so frustrating! The lowest I've gotten down to in the last 18 years is 187 but I quickly gain it back.

I'm going to start a modified preop diet this coming Monday (the protein drink for breakfast/lunch and then chicken & veggies for dinner), and then the clear liquids/broth preop diet on Jan 1 because I want my liver to be nice and small! LOL! Maybe we can be motivation buddies?!
  3. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    "I'm going to start a modified preop diet this coming Monday (the protein drink for breakfast/lunch and then chicken & veggies for dinner), and then the clear liquids/broth preop diet on Jan 1 because I want my liver to be nice and small! LOL! Maybe we can be motivation buddies?!"

I'll be starting to add protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, lots of water in between (and TRY to teach myself to drink slowly, which I feel may be a challenge for me), and do a similar dinner to your plan. It's going to be particularly difficult for a couple weeks while I'm moving cross country though, on the road eating... aack. I'm thinking a galon jug of water per day should suffice to mix protein shakes and have water to drink, and for dinner... I don't know... Maybe I'll hit a grocery store and grab a rotisserie chicken (which should last several days if I can keep it cool in a cooler) and some steamed veg. Hopefully hotel rooms will all have microwaves. I'm going to do my best.

Nice to e-meet you Jenny53669