Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What are you guys drinking?

1. janellak
    janellak
    My name is Janell and I am 10 days post op. While my appetite is gone I find myself constantly thirsty. Whenever I sip water my stomach get's upset and it feels so heavy going down. I can drink juice but even when I buy the no sugar added juices they still have so much sugar that I can't drink juice all the time.
    So I really want to know what you guys are drinking? Are you having any problems with liquids?
  2. minime87
    minime87
    I tolerated ice chips or ice chips in any drink as well as sugar free popscicles best.
  3. elle77
    elle77
    Popsicles and Sugarfree jello saved me. Also I made chocolate Popsicles out of my Premier Protein drinks. I had a difficult time in the beginning. Ooooh Hot tea for some reason is easy going down.
  4. Jeanne Loves the Sun
    Jeanne Loves the Sun
    Have you tried adding crystal light to drinks? I'm drinking hot herbal tea, ice water, jello, and broth. It does feel weird going down though. I'm only 4 days out so I m thinking that's normal?!
  5. RockyPeaches
    RockyPeaches
    I drank low-sodium chicken broth the first few days because I couldn't stand the taste of isopure. Also, I made my own jello using Gelatine and no sugar added organic juice ( 3 cups water to 1 cup juice)
    Have you tried adding a splash of the juice to water? It cuts the sugar substantially and it still tastes like juice.
  6. janellak
    janellak
    A splash of juice and crystal light have been working well. Thanks guys!
  7. laurel
    laurel
    I had surgery Nov.14. After the two week mark, I felt a lot better. I am sooooo over liquids. Mostly I drink Crystal Light mixed with powdered protein and a lot of ice. As the ice melts, I keep adding water to dilute the CL. No longer vomiting. I'm using vitamin patches, as I do not do well with the taste of liquid vitamins. I still feel very exhausted after a little activity and my back is killing me. My incisions are healing nicely, although I have a hematoma under the skin at the BIG/exit incision site. That is still a little sore. I have already lost 22 lbs!!! Hope you are all recovering nicely and starting to have a little more energy. Hang in there.
  8. laurel
    laurel
    Protein powder mixes well in Hot Chocolate. It's not sugarfree, but at this point I don't care. I just want to get beyond LIQUIDS!
  9. Ellamax
    Ellamax
    Hi I had my Gastric sleeve November 30th I've been drinking sugar free power aid and egg protein powder the whey protein makes me itch so far so good on the 3rd day out I'm starting to get gassy
  10. dbregina
    dbregina
    my surgeon had us on clear liquid for a week.. I think tomorrow is close enough for a protein shake. looking forward to yogurt, creamy soups etc... food will be a nice change! Feeling surprisingly good considering i'm drinking only a few hundred calories a day, but yes I to tire by mid-day and need a laydown.
  11. elle77
    elle77
    The Isopure gave me horrible heartburn. I was super thankful when I could get in the regular protein drinks. My favorites are Premier protein drinks Chocolate and Vanilla. Slim Fast Protein lo carb is really good too.
  12. Christie13
    Christie13
    I was sleeved 11/3. I drink water, broth, and decaf lattes. Sugar free popsicles occasionally. I have a hard time getting in liquids. Some days are better than others. Still learning to get in the stuff I need. But I feel like I'm getting better at making good choices. Getting in more protein. I find the better I do with protein and fluid intake the better my weight loss is.
  13. toddrich
    toddrich
    I had surgery on 11/29, and I also had issues with getting water down. I have found that bottled water at room temp seems to go down easier. Strange but seems to be working. Also Hot decaf tea is great.
  14. Christie13
    Christie13
    I don't care for the Crystal Lite. I find that it's too sweet and leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth. So I've been making green tea with berries (from tea bags) and adding a little Splenda. I make large quantities in a 2 quart pitcher and put it in the fridge. It's weird that I can drink that faster than water. Wonder why that is? Because it seems like most sleevers report the same issue.
  15. elle77
    elle77
    @christie I've read that for that water does not agree with some patients. It didn't agree with me either. I have to put a tiny bit of juice to flavor it and then I have zero issues.
  16. janellak
    janellak
    I'm finally able to drink plain water now! I'm so happy because I missed unflavored water so much. I find I can't drink as much as they recommend though. I drink maybe about 40 ounces per day. Gonna work on upping that to 60 ounces over the next few weeks.