Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What stage are you at and what are you eating?

1. elle77
    elle77
    Hey everyone! I'm officially on Puréed foods. I made applesauce, green bean soup, & lentil soup. This is in addition to my protein drinks, sugar free popsicles and sugar free jello. How is everyone doing on their journey?
  2. minime87
    minime87
    I am just 4 days postop, so I am still drinking broth, water, protein shakes, sf jello, sf popscicles, low calorie Gatorade.
  3. danimarie
    danimarie
    Surgery is Monday so I'm on my 10 day liver reduction diet of 4 protein drinks, half a cup of veggies and unlimited clear liquids. Getting very very nervous.
  4. laurel
    laurel
    I'm thirteen days out and am still on liquids. Sometimes I put regular food in my mouth and chew it around a bit just for the flavor-of course I spit it out. It really helps the boredom. Can't wait one more week for pureed-yum!
  5. laurel
    laurel
    Does anyone feel as thought they have a bowling ball on the left side? Hope it goes away.
  6. Marian
    Marian
    I am day eight and I am sick of everything. I have no hunger or appetite, so I wish I could just not eat or drink at all. Trying to feed is such a job, and I am bad at it. I am pretty much down to nutritional drink that is apple flavored and milk. I've had some soups and yogurts but every time I try something new I completely lose all desire for it. Yesterday I ate the yolk of a soft boiled egg (that's liquid, right?) and that tasted ok, but today I have only had milk and the enriched juice.
  7. Marian
    Marian
    Laurel, I do not feel like I have a bowling ball on the left side. Maybe you should see your physician to rule out any complications.
  8. janellak
    janellak
    I am 10 days post op. I've been eating miso soup, vegetable stock, protein shake, low sugar juice, and pureed fruits. I am having a lot of trouble drinking water. Whenever I sip any water for some reason it just feels really heavy and does not feel good. Maybe I will try watered down Gatorade soon.
    Laurel - I don't have the bowling ball feeling. Hopefully you've already contacted your surgeon. I hope everything is ok!
    Marian - I also find eating a chore. I have no hunger or appetite. It has been trial and error. Some foods I'm allowed to eat make my stomach upset & some foods I eat I can tolerate. So far sticking to foods I can tolerate. I do see things getting better though and hopefully they do for you too.
  9. Christie13
    Christie13
    5 weeks tomorrow. Eating real foods. Mostly just meat really well chewed and veggies. Also protein shakes. I've also had some Atkins protein bars. It takes me 2 days or more to eat one. LOL. I usually take a bite when I need something and I'm working so I can't just leave to get something. I'll drink decaf lattes. Once in a blue moon I may have bite of something else. But eating is still a struggle.