Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hopeless

1. heather077
    heather077
    My insurance will not cover the surgery. I have no money to self pay.... i feel hopeless....
  2. Gabifg
    Gabifg
    Don't give up. My insurance doesn't cover bariatric surgery. That's the reason why I am having this surgery in Mexico for $5,000. Stay positive and find a solution, there always is one.
  3. YOLO48
    YOLO48
    Hope-less and do more! $4500 and a round trip plane ticket to San Diego. Sounds expensive and I have no idea what your finances look like but I believe that you can make this happen. Click on that flashing Dr. Almanza banner at the top of this page. He performed my surgery. I think they have payment plans or financing. Check them out. Did insurance explain why they won't cover it? If you are morbidly obese, you possibly have other health issues. What's your family history? I'm asking all of this because I work for an insurance company and you can appeal their decision based on health, medical history and other insinuating circumstances. Get all of your records from all of your doctors. Start a letter writing campaign to your insurance company. This is going to take time and patience but it all stems on how badly you want this! I'm not putting you down, I'd never do that. I just don't want you to give up. You were so happy this morning just thinking about the possibilities. Use that as determination to scrape up the money and or aggravate your insurance company into a yes. I have seen it done. I will help you. Now! Find out the real reason they said no and who said no; a customer service rep or a clinical review nurse? It's almost open enrollment time. If this is just not a covered service on your plan, you may need to choose a different plan for next year. Keep your head up!

My best to you!
  4. WANAGL
    WANAGL
    Sending All Good Thoughts and Prayers...

You've come to by far the best site for support, no-nonsense suggestions, knowledge, wisdom and experience.

If you post this as a forum topic, you may receive some information from members who've had similar experience. They may be able to suggest solutions.

Best of luck as you embark on your journey!

5. jodes245
    jodes245
    Find a way to go to Mexico. It is easy, quick and the doctors do these surgeries exclusively, and for years now. My doctor was Ariel Ortiz and I made my arrangements through A Lighter Me. Lost 65lbs. My surgery was two years ago. ABSOLUTELY ZERO REGRETS. If you want to keep eating the way you do, with abandon, don't get the surgery. This tool will force you to stop eating and you will lose your weight.

Get a credit card. Talk to one of the Weight Loss Trip arrangers like A Lighter Me. Call Almanza's people about financing. Find a way.
  6. Bananna
    Bananna
    I got a 0% interest for a year credit card and had mine done by Dr. Almanza! Fabulous Dr. Amazing care! 50# in 6 months! No wait time. No trying to convince someone. No trying to prove anything! Stress free! Start loosing!