Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome!

1. Gabifg
    Gabifg
    Hello and welcome to the October SVG support group. Let's share our experience on here....

I had the laptop on 2007 and it was a total fail. I lost about 50% of my weight but I had so much restriction that I was hardly eating. I have known many people that have had the sleeve done and have done wonderfully with it. Although my insurance is great, it excludes bariatric surgery. I researched Doctors in Mexico and found my top 3. I decided on 1 and scheduled my surgery for next thursday Oct 6. I am in the pre-op diet now. Eating low carbs, I have lost 5 lbs since Monday but let me tell you, it's been tough eating right and watching my kids eat good stuff. I keep telling my self, this is a tool!! And if I do not put effort toward it will not work. I start on liquids on Saturday!!!!! I fly out to San Diego and then I am picked up by my Doc's office and taken to Tijuana!!!!

How are you guys coming along?
  2. griffyndor
    griffyndor
    Started my liquid yesterday. MyFitnessPal says I only had about 600 calories. I'm doing okay so far. Not a lot of hunger. Biggest issue is the headache I started having before bed and that was raging at 2am. Not fun.at.all. Running late this morning but hopefully not terribly disruptive. I hear the first two days are the worst.
  3. Gabifg
    Gabifg
    Make sure to drink enough protein. My protein shakes have 30 grams of protein per bottle. It's called Premier Protein and they sell them all over the place. I typically buy mine at Sam's or Costco but have also seen them at all the grocery stores.
  4. SCHERYL
    SCHERYL
    HI I have my surgery on 10/7/16, I am just 3 days into my 10 day diet, and Gab I completely agree with you it's hell when your kids are wanting to pig out and we are sitting in the corner thinking it looks so good maybe I can just have one little bite and it won't hurt me until you kick your butt to think i'm doing this for a reason, NOW go drink your shake.
  5. Gabifg
    Gabifg
    LOL you are exactly right Scheryl. I just noticed you are having surgery the next day as me. Are you also going to Tijuana? I will post my experience on this blog.
  6. SCHERYL
    SCHERYL
    Gabifg, yes I have it the day after yours so I will see you in both the hospital and the hotel. I would love to meet up with you or possibly walk the halls if you would like. And that goes for anyone doing surgery around the 7th. I'm a bigger girl with LOTS of freckles and would love to have someone help distract me from harping on the fact that I'm going to be sliced and diced dark morbid sense of humor
  7. Gabifg
    Gabifg
    That would be great! We might be staying at different hotels since we have different doctors. My doctor operates in Vida Wellnes and the hotel where I am staying at is Marriott. Where are you staying?