Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Sleeved by Jose Rodriguez

1. barbaradear1
    barbaradear1
    I was sleeved on 08/16/2016! I was super nervous about going to Mexico, but once I was moving forward everything was smooth. The driver kept in contact with me and when he got me to the hospital he walked me to the front desk. The lady's already had my paperwork handy so it was a quick process. They took me to my room, which I thought I would be sharing with someone, but it was a private room and then they ran all of my tests. The hospital was across the street from an outlet mall of some sort so after tests I was able to go across the street and look around and eat my last real meal for a while. The surgery went well and my Doctor visited me several times after the surgery. All of the staff was great and professional, and even though I don't speak a word of Spanish, they were prepared to get past that barrier with apps on their cell phones. I think Belight was a great experience and now if I can just get past the clear liquids stage, I will be super happy. And everyone is right about not weighing yourself right after surgery. I gained 2 pounds...but it was expected since I had read that lots of people gained right after. I won't weigh again until I am out of phase 1 which will be on Friday!
  2. JuliePresler
    JuliePresler
    Thank you so much for letting me know your experience. That makes me feel better. I was thinking once i got across the border that would be the last anyone has ever heard of me. haha! I don't qualify for the Gastric Sleeve as originally planned, So he is going to do a Mini Bypass on me. I hear what your saying about the liquid phase. That has got to be really hard! Hopefully your not feeling much hunger after your tummy has been reduced in size. Keep in contact and let me know how your doing with each phase.
  3. JuliePresler
    JuliePresler
    How are you feeling after your surgery. Was it Dr Rodriguez in Juarez Mexico that did your surgery? I'm so scared! My surgery is Oct 14th.
  4. blinky31
    blinky31
    Even though its been awhile since you have been here barbaradear1 this helped me so much because i will be going to the same place and the same dr i wish you could get back on here and let me know how your are doing thanks so much.
  5. blinky31
    blinky31
    Hi JuliePresler, how are you since you had your surgery please let me know.