Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Found out why the weight loss was slow

1. Sleevegal2015
    Sleevegal2015
    Hey everyone, I am so excited about finding this group. I have been sleeved for over a year now and the weight lost as been slow. I have made process BUT I am not losing nearly as much as someone- 1) Someone young 2) someone with no children 3) someone not in menopause 4) someone that has never had a lapband and revision to sleeve at the same time.

Found out my observation and research, my thyroid is inactive, causing what I call slow weight lost. I am also a cancer survivor and have been thru a lot of which makes thing much different for me and my body system.

I am taking herbs to wake up my thyroid and am very pleased with the results. Anyone here that has gotten over their slow place even with hypo- thyroid? Interested in hearing from you.
  2. jodes245
    jodes245
    Hi, I was able to lose the weight but not without thyroid medication. What kind of herbs are you taking?
  3. Zosime
    Zosime
    I have not have my sleeve yet, but maybe my experience relates to yours.. I have been under a doctors care, so my hypothyroidism was diagnosed through multiple blood tests. After 9 months of a downward trend, my doctor put me on thyroid medicine. Immediately and progressively my strength and energy increased. Within 3 months, I went from constant fatigue to walking 4-5 miles a day. It is astounding how many physical symptoms are from an underactive thyroid . I also am menopausal and am converting from lap band to sleeve next month. I understand that all these physical attributes will make weigh loss slow.

My real reason responding to you is my concern over your thyroid. If you suspect hypothyroidism, get your blood checked. Yes, you can buy some interesting over the counter supplements, but hypothyroidism is serious and you need to be monitored through your bloodwork. I just had my eye exam today, and in just the year since my last eye exam, I have begun developing cataracts. Eye doctor said it was accelerated by hypothyroidism.

Weight loss is our goal, but please take care of your health along the way.
  4. salma2013
    salma2013
    Hi, let was sleeved back in Feb 2014 and got pregnant after IVF March 2015. I have hypo-thyroid as well my weight loss was very slow considering resulrs for people in my age group but it has been lasting results and that's what matters. It's very important to get your blood work and take medicine keep Armor thyroid as an option it's a natural hormone and doctors don't like to prescribe it and most insurance won't cover it but for someone like me it did the magic I was on let thyroxine for 2 years without any progress before I did my own research and asked my doctor for the Armor prescription