Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Let's Get This Group Going Again!

1. Shirl
    Shirl
    I noticed this group has not been active for a couple of years.

Let's get it going again with some daily positive affirmations!

Here are a few to help us along in this journey:

• I M Possible
    • I love myself compassionately
    • My body is a temple in which God resides
    • Every food I eat in every meal nourishes my body
    • Every drop of water I drink refreshes and it aids my body
    • Every physical movement that I make burns the extra fat in my body and helps me lose weight and maintain my ideal body weight
    • Every cell in my body is healthy and fit and so am I
  2. barbaradear1
    barbaradear1
    I embrace success. The words “I can’t” are not in my vocabulary. I refuse to believe my own excuses. I am unstoppable!
    I am calm in the face of conflict. I brush annoyances off quickly & easily. I agree to disagree. I am bigger than that!
    I choose to radiate love, joy & gratitude today. I know life is too short to dwell on negativity. I walk in the light!
    I release my need to impress others. I know that I have nothing to prove. I choose to accept myself just the way I am!
  3. Whoopsiedaisy
    Whoopsiedaisy
    Yes please ... I NEED this group!
  4. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    I would love to see this group pick up! Positive energy!!!!!
  5. Shirl
    Shirl
    Positive Thinking

Negative thoughts about food can lead to deprivation and over eating. It also has power over how "bad food" is metabolized in our bodies. Here is an article I found interesting and has helped me in understanding my thoughts and relationship with certain foods : http://psychologyofeating.com/mind-over-food/

Excess weight is a symptom, it is collective, it is genetic, it is gendered, it is nutritional and metabolic and it is emotional, and it will serve us well in mind, body and spirit to take the time to discover the cause(s). However before we embark on this journey of self-discovery and healing it is imperative that we understand the ✨Power of Love✨ Embrace it! Seek it! Live it! Give it! It is always within that LOVE starts and ends.

As "good WLS patients" we follow our daily regimen of multivitamins and supplements, and I found these two missing until now...

"Vitamin L – Love, has long been the key missing ingredient in the weight loss recipe. [Love] needs to be guided by a healthy dose of Vitamin W – wisdom."

We need to be kinder to ourselves and also be smarter about it.
  6. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    I seriously need some vitamin L (and I am sure vitamin W) in my life Thank you for the mind-over-food link. I am going to bookmark to read later.

I am really learning to put myself on the priority list and not feel guilted into doing things to make others happy. I think that is a step in the right direction for being kinder to myself. There is real POWER in love and having a positive spirit. Thank you for the post Shirl (hugs)
  7. Shirl
    Shirl
    I have posted these affirmations on my fridge to help me stay the course:

Often times when I get discouraged I forget that I am not alone and have an amazing built in tool to not let food control my life.

1. Use built-in portion control
    2. Eat on schedule
    3. Eat with Intention and not mindlessly
    4. Enjoy every bite
    5. If hunger/eating urges occur ask yourself when you ate last, have water or unsweetened tea or coffee
    6. Find a distraction
    7. Stay active, keep body moving
    8. Make time for self-care
    9. Take multivitamins with breakfast and probiotic supplements before lunch, and calcium before bed
    10. Look in the mirror at least twice a day and SMILE!
  8. bigdogluver
    bigdogluver
    I'm in!