Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Back and fourth

1. Rufus
    Rufus
    I keep going back and forth about a gastric sleeve in America or in Mexico. My finances say Mexico, but there is some part of medical tourism that is just scary to me. Can anyone tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly about Dr. Almanza, his services, and his center? I want to know everything. Reply on here or message me I am looking forward to making this journey soon I just need to make sure that I go in the right direction.
  2. gabrielav1979
    gabrielav1979
    It's nice they treat you good n hotel is very nice too
  3. Green rider
    Green rider
    If you did a search on this forum, the information you are looking for is all there. Dr. Almanza did my surgery and I would do it again in a heart beat. He is very good. Don't expect any hand holding if that is what you are looking for. That being said, all you questions can be answered here.
    Good luck to you.
  4. Alaska Girl B
    Alaska Girl B
    If I did it over again, I would not use Dr Almanza. I had surgery in May 2016. I will not say all the reasons why, except that I paid extra $ for him and do not know that he did my surgery himself. I never saw him before surgery or afterwards. I would get it done in America if you are concerned. The hotel was loud and noisy at night. I needed my rest. The one night we stayed at hospital, the nurse on duty watched a movie all night. There r other reasons, but I will not say any more.
  5. princabessa
    princabessa
    I had almanza in April 2015. I did not see him right before or after either but I have had success with this surgery. He did come in an greet us at the beginning ( early morning on a Saturday). Pre op test the day before was elf and blood work. My only regret was not doing it sooner. Changed my life! I am confident Almanza did my surgery. He has done thousands of procedures. I am 100 percent satisfied. A friend of mine had the surgery this year with great results as well. You will not regret it! I saved thousands getting it done with Almanza!
  6. Jacobcat
    Jacobcat
    Dr. Almanza did my surgery in September 2014 and I came from Canada...I'm only sorry that I did not do it sooner...everything was very professional in my experience and opinion...I would highly recommend him...good luck with your decision...
  7. carla3
    carla3
    I also had Dr. Almanza perform my surgery August of last year, I would do it all over again. I met Dr. Almanza the morning of the surgery, he took pictures with us, was very personable. He says his english is not so good, but his hands are very good! I do believe they are. The hospital was very clean, I did not notice it being so loud, there were three of us in one room and we were each up and down during the night to the bathroom, we would go in the hall and walk, (that is truly the only way to get rid of the gas they put in you.) Plus they were changing out IVs and taking vital signs. The hotel is very nice, everyone is very helpful, the nurses at the hotel were kind and caring and took care of business. I would never have been able to have the surgery had it not been for Mexico, my insurance would not pay for it! I am so happy to have had it done, and I have nothing but good to say about the whole experience. From the air port on. Good luck with your decision!
  8. mrtumnus
    mrtumnus
    Dr A was awesome! I saw him a few times before and after surgery. He took pictures with us, and spoe with us all at length. I had surgery March 2016. The hotel was CLEAN and the nurses were attentive--sometimes over attentive. I would do this all over again. DR A has had this surgery himself! He knows what you will go thru on your journey! I highly recommend him! My spouse came with me and remarked on the hotel stay as peaceful, clean and was frankly quite surprised.
  9. Dianne Sierra
    Dianne Sierra
    I had my surgery on Dec. 2, 2015 by Dr Almanza. True his English is not so good, BUT, I spoke with him before surgery and he did an amazing job. I was type 2 diabetic on the verg of having to take insulin before surgery and Dr, A said, No more medicine! Immediately following surgery, my BS dropped to 125 and I have not taken a Metformin in over a year. He was absolutely right! My BS runs in the 90-110 range with no medication, and I pretty much eat what I want, only in much smaller portions!! I have also gotten off of my water pills and potassium and weaning off of my liptor. I am older than many of you, but this surgery has added years to my life. You are responsible for how well the surgery works for you.. I only wish I could have done it sooner. It is without a doubt the best thing I have ever done for myself in my life.. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.. I had excellent care throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend it.. I started this journey with a friend, and we met two amazing ladies who were sleeved the same day. We have continued this journey together now the 4 of us. we message each other with tips and concerns and have built a great friendship circle. One more reason to be thankful.. YES, I would do it all again in a heartbeat!