Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Lack of loss

1. Crisps
    Crisps
    Hi guys, I am a very disappointed bunny today, I am 10 days post surgery and I have not lost an ounce of weight, on .y pre liver shrinkage diet I lost 10lb, I am so upset that I may have done this to myself from no reason at all, I j is it should work in theory, I have followed the diet 100%, HELP
  2. LittleLolli
    LittleLolli
    You need some time. Just recover and keep it up. It definitely works! Three years out and still holding on. Very happy with my loss of 110 lbs.
  3. Pam G
    Pam G
    stay off the scale until at least 2 weeks post op....
  4. WANAGL
    WANAGL
    I listen to the veterans and stay OFF the scale!
    Tape Your Butt is a great forum topic. You can use the search feature at the top of the page to find it.
  5. JennK
    JennK
    Hi Crisps,
    Don't worry. It will come off. Every body reacts differently. When it does start, it will melt off!! Just walk and drink water/protein and it will happen.
  6. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    Give it time, post surgery, everything is swollen, so it may look like your not losing, but you are. The scale will move. I would also keep track of your measurements. Sometimes the scale won't move, but you'll lose inches. good luck.
  7. Crisps
    Crisps
    Hi everyone, well here i am now nearly 4 weeks out, i have moved to soft food yesterday as the mush just wasn't working for me at all, i would eat then half an hour later i would feel hungry again(head hunger is a killer for me) obviously i couldn't eat again but once or twice i tried and was in agony, i really won't do that again.
    I have totally reevaluated my whole eating structure at last, I SO THOUGHT I HAD THIS SUSSED, how stupid was i, so now my day is this
    When i wake up; Low fat low sugar yogurt mixed with my protein powder and 1 ml of liquid Vit B12
    Breakfast: One Weetabix & milk or a very soft scrambled egg/ chopped tinned tomato
    Snack: 2 light cheese triangles
    Lunch: WW soup or half a WW meal & veg
    Snack: Milk & Protein powder
    Dinner: pork mince cooked with a load of herbs tinned toms, Lentils and anything else you want to throw in, other half of WW meal & veg
    I do try not to snack at night as that's my Head Hunger time and once that Gremlin is there is aint going nowhere.
    Sadly i am on another stall but still happy with weight lost so far, i really think i wasn't eating enough as i didn't feel like eating until night time, i think the Vitamins & the protein powder has helped a lot. i hope this also helps others who are struggling at the moment, it is all about regular balanced PLANNED eating. its taken me nearly 4 wks to work that one out, i am upping the walking as well, due to Lupus i find the exercise bit quite difficult and some days its a struggle to get out of bed with the pain i am in, i am working on that as well. Good luck everyone and keep up the good work.
  8. MicheleB
    MicheleB
    Hi - I had a question as I saw you mentioned having Lupus. I have Lupus as well and I'm scheduled for GSS on 8/11/16 in Laredo, Mexico with a Dr. Villarreal. Well my question is did you flare after surgery? Also did your Rheumie tell you to stop certain S meds before and after surgery? Mine has me stopping my Plaquenil and Methotrexate two weeks before and two weeks after surgery. I'm worrying about the healing process of the wound sites too. Thanks in advance.