Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

4 days post op

1. kanderson915
    kanderson915
    So I had my surgery May 18th I am 4 days post-op. It is not been very easy I feel extremely weak. I started drinking Progresso soup but just the broth which made me feel a little better just straight chicken broth was not going down easy or staying down. I'm hoping that will help with my weakness. I was able to make it to a family member's birthday party today and stayed for a couple hours it was nice to get out
    I have to say so far I think my surgery went well. Something that was unexpected was my doctor changed when I arrived in Tijuana I was not informed of this and was taken back a little bit because I had not done any research on this new doctor. I decided to go forward with the surgery. Honestly I don't know if I'm happy about having the surgery because I feel terrible I will let you know when things get better
  2. Findingkimo
    Findingkimo
    WOW! That doesn't seem right to me that they would change DR without your permission. Who were you suppose to have? I am so glad that you made it safely and things are getting better. Are you home now?
  3. Weesie867
    Weesie867
    I am two week post op and I was very weak for the first week and a half. I think my problem was I drank a lot of Diet Coke. So I can tell u it does get better. I cleaned my whole house today even mopped all the floors. One thing i do is inject b12 every three days. I honestly think it is helping a lot. Good luck.
  4. Pam G
    Pam G
    if you're on full liquids, you can put the whole can of soup in the blender and liquefy all of it, then heat it up and eat it....you'll get more calories that way, and will give you a bit more energy, hopefully.
  5. kanderson915
    kanderson915
    Today I feel much better. Thanks for the responses. In regards to the doctor I was scheduled for Dr Velaquez but ended up with Dr Hernandez. I am glad I made the choice to go forward.
  6. thicknsweet
    thicknsweet
    It gets a little better everyday. By week 3 you should be fine.