Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Celiac or sensitivity

1. Luara
    Luara
    I was "diagnosed" some years ago, by a nutritionist, with celiac disease. My medical doctor has NOT diagnosed me, one way or the other. I do know that when I eat things with gluten that my stomach expands and it hurts. I literally blow up like rising bread. I'm worried about once I have the surgery because my stomach may not stretch as much as it does now and I may tear it. Gluten is in so many things it is so hard to avoid. Thoughts on how to finally be done with gluten?
  2. Katherine16
    Katherine16
    It's really hard to get away from glutton, but you will have to be more diligent in reading ingredients. I'm lactose intolerance an it is even in my meds as a binder..I just found I had to start making my own meals etc. I also don't tolerant sweetners, so good old fashion baking etc us in order...there are so many excellent recieps out there to replace flour..I use a lots of Almond flour, I bake them in the oven then grind them up..
    I suspect I'm having a problem with sensitivity with all that stuff right now...I'm hoping after surgery my bowels will like me again an stop giving me the trots...

Hopefully you can find ome relief....

Katherine16