Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

May 18th surgery date

1. kanderson915
    kanderson915
    What a bag of mixed emotions. I am 4 days pre-op and yesterday was having some serious doubts. Today I woke up ready to take on the world. I heard that Dr. Velazquez was not booking anymore surgeries and that concerned me me. Does anyone know why?
  2. gabrielav1979
    gabrielav1979
    I think it's just because Dr. Velazquez is $3500 ..... but actually in reality is Almanza doing it and his price is 4500 ..... I had surgery with "Velazquez" but we never met him. But everything will be OK don't worry they take good care of you !
  3. sasweet1
    sasweet1
    Yes......the reason why is that Dr. Velasquez lives in Guadalajara, which is a super long way from Tijuana. When Dr. Velasquez first contracted with Tijuana Bariatrics, he committed to a specific amount of time that he would be available but it turned out that he was available less than the amount of time TB was happy with. So he no longer does surgeries for them (Tijuana Bariatrics). My surgery was scheduled with Dr. Velasquez on April 25. I already knew from reading on this site that patients who were scheduled to have their surgeries with him never saw him. Then I called and asked WeightLossAgents about it, this is the explination that they gave. So I knew that someone else would be doing my surgery. Sure enough, the day of surgery, those of us who were scheduled with Dr. Velasquez were given the option of having Dr. Hernandez, Dr. Almanza's other partner, do the surgery for the price we contracted for with Dr. Velasquez, or we could pay more and have Dr. Almanza do it. We all opted for Dr. Hernandez.....who did a great job.
  4. shymamichula
    shymamichula
    Dr Hernandez did my surgery and I feel great I'm now three weeks post op and I have no complications from the surgery.