Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Always Hungry

1. MelMing1010
    MelMing1010
    After all the reading and researching on the Sleeve procedure, I thought I read that the hunger hormone would be removed. I think I was cheated because I am more hungry now post surgery than before surgery! What gives??? Am I the only one???
  2. Sneeki
    Sneeki
    Melming...
    I am sorry to say I have the same problem, I am a year and a half out and I have put back some of what I lost which wasn't a whole heap, I am not sure but I also thought I had been duped and that they left my hunger hormone in...

I can't find out why I feel like this but I hope you can get some answers...

Good luck to you..
  3. Crisps
    Crisps
    i am not yet 2 wks out of surgery, i had a sleeve,i read and was told the GHRELIN WOULD BE REMOVED, i am so hungry already, like you guys i feel really cheated, i followed the liver shrinkage diet to the letter, then my surgeon said my Liver had not shrunk as much as it should have?????????????, i just dont seem to be losing weight either, i am so sad about it all and wondering why i went through the op to not feel any different and want to eat all the time, i eat what i can then i dont drink for half an hour then i am hungry again, HELP HELP HELP
  4. Triple love
    Triple love
    Me Too!!! 6 weeks out and I am hungry too. I eat good food like I should but I'm hungry again not long after. Maybe the hungry part of my stomach didn't get removed. I was told I could have 2 snacks a day but when do you have time to get it in.
  5. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    I haven't had surgery yet and I have to say this terrifies me. I wonder how prevalent this issue is, does anyone have any hard facts or statistics they could point us toward? Or even stories of others who have heard of and/or dealt with this issue? aack
  6. Christie13
    Christie13
    I have read that sometimes the hunger feeling is actually acid coming up from the stomach. Most people recommend taking Prilosec.
  7. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    After my original post here I did a lot of research.

The Ghrelin hormone is not 'removed' it's only MUCH MUCH less (80% less or more, proportional with the percentage of your stomach that is removed). If you're feeling hungry like that almost certainly an overproduction of acid in your stomach and Omeprazole or an acid blocker should be taken daily.

Hope that helps.
  8. Marian
    Marian
    I get hungry too, but I find protein really helps. Also if ignored it does go away pretty quickly. Is not like cravings that would nag me incessantly. And those I find have all but gone away.
  9. analucy50
    analucy50
    I am 7 weeks out and am also dealing with being hungry. My hunger comes around the same time every day. That's when I always used to over eat. As part of my surgery, I meet with a nutritionist. She has suggested adding another meal (1/4 cup). She said try a boiled egg, string cheese, pb2 with fruit. She said definitely no snacking. I do take 40 mg of Prilosec daily and that's not helping. I think some of it is in my head because my body was just used to eating at this time every day. I will try her suggestions and see what happens.