Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

VGS in Mexico vs USA

1. Bananna
    Bananna
    I know there could be other reasons but my reason going to Mexico over the USA is about $20,000. My surgery is 3 weeks away and I'm stRting to think I'm not prepared like people having it done with insurance. I didn't go through counseling. I don't have a nutritionist. I didn't have a psych exam. I didn't have any of the things people do in the states to prepare. I've done a ton of reading and watched a million you tube videos of Drs. But that's it. What about follow up care?? What do all of you think?
  2. goatcory
    goatcory
    I didn't have any of those things. My insurance wont pay for the surgery and I am tired of living like this. I am paying cash have been researching this for about 2 1/2 years. I have dieted exercised diet pills diet drinks hormones vitamins crazy things on TV and the internet. I have the will as long as I have help with eating. I think if there is a problem then I will take care of it in the states with my insurance. I will start saving up for the skin removal when I get back from the surgery. I think sometimes you just have to try and that is what I am doing.
  3. Tomesha
    Tomesha
    Same here, I'm a selfpay. Once I return from my surgery, I will follow up with doctor. You can do the same, they can't deny you care.
  4. Bananna
    Bananna
    Do you have a dr here in the states that you are consulting? We need to get bariatic vitamins. Stitches out. I'm self pay also. I don't weigh enough. I was told if I gained 20# it would be covered. I'm not going to gain 20# for anything!
  5. Jein
    Jein
    Banana, all you have to do is to see your primary care doctor. They will remove the stitches. Some people do it by them self, but you need to have stitches removal kit.
    You don't need a doctor to buy vitamins,, you can ask them for a list and they will provide it for you. Liquid vitamins are your first choice, chewable is your next choice. Also buy a disolvable gas-x,, very helpful after the surgery.
    My surgery is scheduled for 4/07. Your surgery is pretty close. Try to start soft food, then downgrade to purred, then to full liquids, then to clear liquids. You wanna be on clear liquids for at least 3 days preop and it must be sugar free liquids - so no juices.
    Most people lose 3-7 lbs preop because of preop diet. Walk a lot pre-op.
    Jein
  6. goatcory
    goatcory
    Okay guys here is the scoop. I had my surgery yesterday. NO PROBLEMS. I am up walking showering drinking juice, water. I am feeling great! I have on hunger. My brother ate in the restaurant and I didn't have any problems talking with him while He ate. I am doing wonderful. I hope this continues on. I have lost 6 and 1/2 since I started my pre op diet.
  7. Bananna
    Bananna
    Wow! That's awesome!! What did you think of Dr. Velazquez?
  8. Jein
    Jein
    Hi Cory,
    Congratulations and please keep us updated!!!
    I'm so glad everything went well!
    What do they give you for pain? How bad is your pain?
    Jein
  9. Tomesha
    Tomesha
    That's great Cory. Keep us posted.
  10. JohnC
    JohnC
    I have been looking at doing this surgery for about 5 years. I have observed many co-workers and friends and just people in town that have had the surgery for weight loss. Some have done well and some haven't. I was told by a friend that had the sleeve 5 years ago and has kept her weight down that the surgery gave you time to figure out why you eat the way you do and to modify your behavior/lifestyle. I have also seen friends who have gained all their weight back because they kept eating out and eating junk food. One person I talked to about surgery was very happy that he could eat a whole hamburger patty after a couple of years. This scared me, I don't want to keep eating like I am. I don't want to be controlled by the food and poor health.
    I am going to focus on eating small amounts of healthy food, and moving more.