Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

vitamins ?????????

1. goatcory
    goatcory
    Getting excited having surgery on March 14 worried about pre op diet. 5 days without food. I will do it because I have to but still worrying me. I am counting down the days. I start my pre op diet on the eighth and have my surgery on the 14th. I have started taking vitamins now because I heard some people lose their hair. I started on liquid b12 complex, iron pill, multi vitamin chewable, dissolving biotin (for hair and nails) and dissolving vitamin d for hair and nails as well. Did anyone else start vitamins early? My brother said shouldn't be taking them yet. Start pre op diet in 17 days. Also ordered liquid whey protein 3.8 oz is 41grams of protein. How long after surgery should I start taking them. I also thought I read to stop taking multivitamins two weeks before surgery is that true? Thanks for taking the time to read this long questionnaire.
  2. Jckmrsss
    Jckmrsss
    I was told to stop taking any vitamins prior to the pre-op. Some vitamins, for example Vitamin Fish oils, thin the blood, which is not the best before surgery. I don't do my pre-op diet until 2/29, but I've stopped all vitamins, herbal tea and caffeine. Just to be on the safe side. I watched a few YouTube videos on what to do prior to surgery. Maybe you should check some out to?

I've been walking at least 30-45mins daily, they recommend you to do that to heal faster. Good luck!!!
  3. goatcory
    goatcory
    Thanks!! I do need to start walking. Will start tomorrow. Let me know how your per-op and surgery goes.
  4. Purple Queen
    Purple Queen
    Ok, I had better get some walking in today. I did stop my vitamins & supplements 2 days ago. My caffeine or coffee I was told I can continue w/o sugar only non-dairy creamer. That I already do w/some hazelnut creamer that I must stop for now. :-(