Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gurds?

1. rurald
    rurald
    What is gurds? Is it the same as acid reflux? I'm going into week 4 and I have started waking up at 4 am with acid reflux. I do have meds for it, but the also rob the body of calcium. I don't want to rely on these pills, does this usually figure itself out? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. sophiecat
    sophiecat
    GERD is gastro-esophageal reflux syndrome, so yes, it is the same. Take your meds - there is no reason to suffer, especially since you can supplement your calcium if that is true. I had it, too. Certain foods aggravated it, and if I eat to fast that will cause it.

I'm sorry that you have this pain. Obviously, I understand - it really sucks!!!
  3. Beautiful
    Beautiful
    rurald look at my blog
  4. Zanneb
    Zanneb
    I do know that anti acid can keep ur body from absorbing iron I didn't know about calcium. One thing u can try is mixing a little baking soda with warm water and sipping on that. It's like putting out the flames in a manor of speaking. I had heart burn before surgery I haven't had any at all after. But that might help. Hope it gets better.
  5. BecBeMe
    BecBeMe
    Acid reflux can cause you esophageal cancer if you don't treat it. Take the meds.
  6. KariVSG
    KariVSG
    I have GERD now so i figure I will have it after the surgery I hope its just not as bad
  7. Mattorioso
    Mattorioso
    Speaking of GERD, I'm on PRilosec, every morning, 40 mg.
    Did anyone have an experience where they were told to get off Prilosec?
    Or similar?
    Thanks.
    Matt