Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Bile

1. Beautiful
    Beautiful
    8 days out still having bile when does that stop.
  2. December 7
    December 7
    Everyone is different . I would call nurse to see what you can take over-the-counter or what she suggest. Hope you feel better soon.
    Celia
  3. Beautiful
    Beautiful
    No don't get me wrong I feel great ! ! Just when I sit to pee and fart well that's when it happens but I feel wonderful.
  4. December 7
    December 7
    Ummm I would still ask doctor /nurse but I was told it's good to go each day by my nurse...
  5. Beautiful
    Beautiful
    I have follow up and stitch removal on wed ,will let them know . Thanks were in Texas are you ?
  6. Stacy'sSleevedLife
    Stacy'sSleevedLife
    When you were discharged did you get a prescription for a acid reducer/blocker. The first few months can be hard on some, I know I had to Zantac every day for the first 4 months then after that I was good to go.
  7. Beautiful
    Beautiful
    No Stacy I was sent home with antibiotics capsule ,pain meds that I didn't need and an anti-inflammatory liquid . Since I woke up from my surgery I've been fine no aches or pains or nausea ,I'm feeling awesome 9 days out I'm drinking 2 protein shakes a day the iso-100 hydrolyzed cookies & cream 25grams of protein ,a cup of swansonson 100% natural beef broth 50% less sodium, and 16oz of half white cranberry juice and water. and coffee 4 spoonsfull ,maybe a half of an ice pop that is my diet .oh and I'm losing a lb a day so I'm down 9 lb in 9 days.also walking every day for 1 mile
  8. December 7
    December 7
    I live in Dallas, TX. .. I also was given acid reducer/blocker.. I.didn't think I needed it until I ran out .I went to get a refill and pharmacist at Walmart told me I could get it over the counter and it's way cheaper. .
  9. Stacy'sSleevedLife
    Stacy'sSleevedLife
    I would talk to your doctor about getting something for acid, that is most likely what the bile taste is. It is real common with the sleeve in the beginning to have some acid reflux. Think of it this way, your sleeve is really like a brand new tummy so everything you put in it even liquids is all new and so your body needs to learn how to regulate the acid amount that it produces. Your body and all it's functions still think of you having a large stomach so it can over produce. Many do not know they are having acid reflux problems until, like you say coming up as bile.
  10. Beautiful
    Beautiful
    Stacy it's not coming up its the other end its coming out. Did not no that I could have acid reflux in my ass.
  11. Stacy'sSleevedLife
    Stacy'sSleevedLife
    Sorry I miss under stood what you were saying, I thought it way Bile like in your throat. It could be the protein shakes, some people tend to be sensitive to dairy in the beginning. You can take Imodium and it might help. Talk to you doctor and see if you should do a clear liquid diet for a couple of days and see if that helps, if so you might need to try a different protein shake.
  12. Beautiful
    Beautiful
    Thanks Stacy I have my first doctor appointment on Wednesday . But I still feeling great.
  13. Stacy'sSleevedLife
    Stacy'sSleevedLife
    I'm glad your feeling great, just don't get discouraged, this is all new to your body and I am sure once you talk to your doctor everything will get worked out.