Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Sudden falling

1. Nancy5
    Nancy5
    Hi All! I was sleeved in June 2015 and have had great results...73 lbs.; 7 away from my goal! Awesome sauce!!

In October, I started falling down for what seems like no reason. I'm not sure if my ankles are weak or my muscle tone is bad or what. I keep bruising my knees badly and I'm worried I'm going to break a bone. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
  2. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    Have you had blood work recently in order to check your levels?
  3. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    Without that information I think anyone would purely be guessing. And with that information you should be discussing that with your doctor
  4. rurald
    rurald
    I don't want to alarm you, but my Mum passed from ALS and tripping/falling is one of the first signs of this disease. Again, I am only saying this out of concern and I am sure this is not what it is, but definitely have your DR. look into it. xx
  5. Dawnrogers7
    Dawnrogers7
    I also started doing the same thing after about six months and 80 ls into my weight loss. I thought my knees would feel better and they started to feel worse.

I went to my doctor and she said I had lost the weight so fast and the fat around my knees etc. was going away and the muscles and cartilage didn't have time to strengthen and catch up, therefore leaving a "gap" where the fat was gone and the muscles began.

She said to do light exercise, concentrating on my knees and to be cognizant of where I was walking and be extra careful. She said the "gap" would come together in a few months and it did for me. I no longer trip and fall the way I did and have no problems walking at all. In my mind it was a small price to pay for losing 100 lbs in 7 months.
  6. azladyrider
    azladyrider
    I know this is old but this is the first time I've seen anyone post about this. I started doing the same thing at about 6 months. My ankles would just give out on me and down I'd go - looked like I was drunk all the time walking (and I don't drink) I came out of it thank god but it was freaky for a few months