Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello Everyone!

1. Happykathy
    Happykathy
    Hi. I'm just joining today. I'm 1 month into my 3 month process, but I've been considering WLS for over a year. I'm excited to move along through my journey and meet some of you!
  2. DZGAL
    DZGAL
    good luck to you
  3. DZGAL
    DZGAL
    Good luck to you, long road but worth it
  4. Anniesleeve
    Anniesleeve
    Best wishes as you navigate your new normal. I am 51 and have lost 30 pounds since my surgery on November 5th. I am just beginning to deal with the emotional cravings. I plan to see a counselor starting in the new year. The surgeon told me that if you only fix your stomach and not your thinking...gaining the weight back is a real possibility. I do not want to do that.
  5. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    Welcome to the group - I am 63 and lost 130 with the sleeve since Feb 2014. I just got home from the hospital yesterday from having a conversion from the sleeve to the roux n y. I had more to lose - and was told you usually don't lose more than 100#s on sleeve. While I am sore - I am excited to be on the next part of my journey.
  6. Missdebi101
    Missdebi101
    Welcome I am 58 and also in month 1 of my 3 month process
  7. thomasplt
    thomasplt
    Welcome!

I will be 58 in May and February will be 3 years for me. My only regret is that I didn't do this 10 years ago!! I've lost 80 pounds and have about 20 more to go. Been at this weight for over a year. Time to change my diet and exercise program. Well need to start my exercise program back up!!
  8. wvrnsson
    wvrnsson
    I just turned 50 and just finished my 3-month process. Now to wait for the insurance approval.
  9. sugarmag
    sugarmag
    I am 53 and will be having my surgery in Aug. I'm nervous about the mental aspect and that I wont lose much weight.
  10. bdherndon1
    bdherndon1
    Hello! I am 55 and after 10 years with Lap-Band, I am converting to Sleeve on June 17th. (Lap-Band issues with gerd, erosion, restriction problems). Very excited! Glad to be doing the switch, as the long term results seem more sustainable with Sleeve than the Lap-Band. Looking forward to the next step in the journey. And congrats to the all the folks already on the other side!
  11. Lmm300m
    Lmm300m
    You can do this! I started checking dec-jan 2014, did 6 months of insurance requirements. Got surgery August 2015. And now at 120 lbs. it's great to be thin and able to do so much more.

Good luck and great health
  12. kiaka52
    kiaka52
    Hi I'm 53 had lap band 2x revised to sleeve last July I have lost 80lbs and feel great
  13. BirdieMagic
    BirdieMagic
    Hello to everyone, I have just joined today and hope to make some friends and share some experiences. I am having gastric sleeve surgery early next year.
  14. Emmeraldas
    Emmeraldas
    Hello all! Just joined to day. Had a Sleeve done on Oct 7th. Will be 65 in December. After years of dieting without much success, I bit the bullet and opted for surgery. Good luck to all of you in the pre-op phase. Losing the weight and gaining health benefits is well worth the initial surgical recovery.
  15. BBSNEAL
    BBSNEAL
    Hi, I am 73 and I looking forward to getting the sleeve. I had the lap band 10'years ago with a little bit of success. I am now in month 3
    of the pre surgery preparation. 3 more months to go. I am glad this website is hear for support.
  16. cindermella
    cindermella
    Hi there, I just joined and I am 8 weeks out from the surgery. I am down about 33 lbs so far and feeling great!