Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery today

1. Anniesleeve
    Anniesleeve
    My surgery is this morning at 11 Colorado time. I am excited and a tad nervous, but ready to get started! My weight this morning after the ten day preop diet is 228 and I had hubby take pics of me in sports bra and undies. He has same surgery next Thursday so this will all be very interesting. I'm sure I will have questions after I get home tomorrow. I will try and check in and continue posting.
  2. Catlover
    Catlover
    Best wishes for a safe and healthy journey to you both. It is going to be a journey for sure!!
  3. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    Good luck for your decision, and enjoy the journey.

I know the stress that you and your sweetheart have just gone through to get where you are. My husband was sleeved on the 20th of October and I am scheduled for December for a RNY - had a gastric sleeve last Feb 2014 and have lost 125#s - but still need to lose another 100#s so have to proceed with the second part of the process. It is going to be interesting to have both of you (or us) following the same eating plans, exercise, pushing liquid and protein, etc. It will be interesting to see how it all works out for both of you.

Best wishes to you both.
  4. Anniesleeve
    Anniesleeve
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am home after two days in the hospital. Still tired but doing really well. Steve's surgery is this Thursday. He has been great taking care of me, so I will need to do the same. I am a high school english teacher and I will head to work tomorrow. If I get too uncomfortable or exhausted, I have a plan in place for heading home at noon. Did either of you notice pain at first when you would drink? It's not bad pain, and I think it is just the incision site...kind of right between my breats??? Just wondering. Let me know any things I should expect.
  5. Leademo
    Leademo
    good luck to you and your husband... the recovery is not bad. I had some pain and asked for a belt to wrap around my belly and it helped tremendously.
  6. Lmm300m
    Lmm300m
    How are you both doing, we started out around the same weight.