Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-Op Diet

1. GoodiDre
    GoodiDre
    Hi everybody my surgery date is 11/9, and I start my 2 week liquid diet tomorrow.

Anybody else with me on this? It seems like some surgeons don't require this long, but I'm still excited.

Recommendations for protein drinks/supplements are welcome!
  2. paradoxcowgirl
    paradoxcowgirl
    I haven't been told to start a liquid diet yet. My sleeve date is 11/5. I have my last nutrition visit is this Wednesday, so I think I'll find out more then... but I am starting early with liquid and soft food to be on the safe side.
  3. MargeB
    MargeB
    I am scheduled for 11/23, and I am waiting for my presurgery appointment. I have no idea what sort of presurgical diet I will be on. I have started testing different brands of protein, and practicing small sips and bites. I think the hardest thing for me with the liquid is going to be breaking the drinking straw habit

Keep posting, please!
  4. jarvey
    jarvey
    I start my liquid diet on 11--2-15 (next Monday) for two weeks and then my sleeve date is 11-16-15. Looking forward for the experience but a little nervous. Look forward to posting with everyone on their experiences and the support too. Good Luck to all!!!!!
  5. kennigriggs
    kennigriggs
    My surgery is November first. I was told to do the preop diet for three days, but chose to do it for a week instead. I use premier protein shakes. They are good, high protein, low carb, only 1 gram of sugar. They base your pre-op diet on several factors, weight, medical history, and some other things. Overall it has been pretty easy. Last night at work someone had some really wonderful smelling food and I got very hungry. That's the first time since Monday that I felt hungry. I work tonight and tomorrow then clears starting Saturday.
  6. Anniesleeve
    Anniesleeve
    I'm having my surgery on November 5th. My doctor has me on a ten day pre op diet. Protein shake for breakfast and lunch and then an afternoon snack of greek yogurt at 4. Dinner is a bland meal with protein, veggies, and no carbs. Also, no alcohol or caffeine. I have so many questions, but I want to ask someone who had the gallbladder removed at the same time. Anyone out there?