Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery in the same hospital I work

1. rageddy
    rageddy
    I am planning surgery, and I would prefer to keep it private. But I am sure someone will see me and it will get back. Even if your are a no info patient and there are hippa laws it will feel like I am lying when people ask what's up. Has anyone done this
  2. happy to be sleeved
    happy to be sleeved
    I have had several surgeries at my hospital. Since I work in surgery there was no chance of my coworkers not finding out. Now the benefits is I was able to hand pick my team. I have no regrets choosing my hospital. If anything I feel that I got the VIP treatment. I have to tell you most people will be able to tell u had surgery with the drastic weight loss. No one else in the hospital knew until later unless they cared for me. Good luck I found having my coworkers aware as a support team for me cheering all the way 100lbs lost and still have it off after 2 years��
  3. Laura4923
    Laura4923
    I also am based out of surgery. I found it comforting to be able to choose my anesthesia provider, OR staff. I have decided to be open about my surgery. Trying to take some of the stigma out of WLS.
  4. rageddy
    rageddy
    That's really something to think about. Thanks
  5. NurseNiki
    NurseNiki
    I work the ED. I can't pick my team of staff but I agree about being open to take the stigma out of WLS. I am hoping this leads to a good support system at work.