Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello there!

1. Victerria
    Victerria
    Hello November Sleevers,
    I just started this journey one month ago. So far I have completed the pysch eval, egd on Monday. My insurance requires me to be on a 3 month supervised diet prior to approval so after Sept 10, I will have two months to go which takes me to November. I am hoping that it will not take my insurance too long to approve me after the 3 month diet checks completed.

Is anyone else on a supervised diet like this? How are you doing?
  2. paradoxcowgirl
    paradoxcowgirl
    my insurance required 6 months supervised diet, nutrition and exercise program. My last nutrition visit was on 10/02, the surgeons office submitted everything for review on 10/06. I got my approval letter in the mail on 10/13, and on Friday 10/16 I got the call to schedule my pre-op nutrition and nurse class, as well as finally getting my 11/05 surgery date
  3. jarvey
    jarvey
    I started logging in my food in My fitness Pal back in May 15 before I started in the my weigh loss center because my wife works in the hospital and was told certain things I had to do before getting into the track for surgery. I did my sleep study twice - once for the study and second to get size up for my CPA. I had already started working out by joining a gym. Lost 17 pounds before I saw the weigh loss doctor on the medical side of the weigh loss center. She stated that my diet was good but because of my pre-diabetes, I needed to slow down on my fruit intake and up my protein diet to 30 grams of protein each meal. I started to do this and up to my surgery day 11-16-15, I had lost 60 lbs. Starting five days out of my surgery, I'm getting stronger each day and starting to feel like my old self. So far best decision I made towards my weigh. Hang in there and my insurance did work fairly fast in seeing the improvements that I made since May 15. Good luck and hope to hear from you in the future on your own journey.