Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery on 8/25/15

1. KJH300
    KJH300
    Hey all! Things went fine with my surgery. I was released from hospital tonight. They made me drink 4-4oz ensure drink within 3-4 hours and if I kept it down okay, I could go home. I have been miserable ever since doing this. I feel awful. I feel sick full. Im scared that when I'm supposed to "wake up" and start drinking fluids, I won't be able to because I'm still so sick full. I've been walking my ass off. I have peed a few times. It feels like I'm not making any room.

Any suggestions? I am not even able to sleep
  2. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    Congrats on having the surgery, I thought it was the 26 of Aug., Wow, that's a lot of ensure, that was before surgery? or after? that's a lot of drinking. I have no idea sorry, just walk, to move things down, might want to use a heating pad on low, to relax the muscles, maybe that will help a bit. Best wishes
  3. Erikaash
    Erikaash
    That is a lot of ensure! I also had my surgery on the 25th. I can't have anything creamy until 1 week after surgery. I hope that you feel better! Hope that you have a speedy recovery!!
  4. cathbas
    cathbas
    Hey!! i was thinking of you on the 25th..so glad it is over..really every day will get better and better..promise..
  5. KJH300
    KJH300
    It's this stuff made by Ensure called Juven I think. I mistyped. Sorry to alarm everyone.
    It tastes pretty good. The hospital got me samples of several favors. It's got a TON of amino acids and helps rebuild tissue. Goal is to have 2 packets a day. You can buy then at Walgreens or Walmart.
  6. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    Gonna have to check that out. thanks
    How are you doing?